Thread: Spring to Summer stripers

Default Spring to Summer stripers

We've been having a blast chasing line sides all around Nor Cal. This year has been the best striper fishing I've seen in a very long time. This includes striper fishing on the AR since I started guiding for them in 2010, but stopped guiding the Ar for stripers in 2018 and moved my ventures more north, and I'm glad I did.

Most days I was the only boat on the water, some days guiding both for stripers in the morning with flies as well as conventional rods w/jerk baits then chasing shad in the afternoon on the swing old school style walking gravel bars running the jet from bar to bar.

Lately though since 4th of July (shad season lasted that long for me) we've been hitting the stripers hard from dusk till about 3pm.

This year more than any before it was a true adventure, while the shad season wasn't as hot as say 2018, 2019 or even 2020, we managed to hit 40-50 shad per day per person when the going really got good. The striper fishing was the upside this year and it's till happening. This was the most fish seen to the boat and the biggest averages to the boat since moving my efforts more north. But the true bonus is watching them in shallow clear water chasing your fly or stick bait as you bring it back to the boat and making it disappear. If you were lucky enough, which some were, hitting that bigger striper chasing that smaller one that's hooked was as good as it gets.

Got only a few days left in August to chase these anadromous small mouth on roids. If you can't make it in 2022, we are already booking striper as well as shad trips for April May June July and August of 2023.

If you are interested in hearing about any of this, or what else I offer, which includes an all inclusive on the lower Klamath, specialized swing trips for 2 handers and single hand spey casting/swinging, Lake Almanor trips and of course any thing from Sacramento north. We do it all.

Here's I link to my recent adventures on a river XY and Z.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00063214237717

Also my personal fall calendar till Dec is almost full with only a handful of days left, if you are looking to book. While my availability is limited my other guides do have a bit more availability.

Thanks for viewing
    Good luck and solid grabs
    Brian Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Again, thanks Brian.....so much inspiring information.

Our Forum is so fortunate to have some really top Nor Cal guides on here.

I always recommend getting a partner and going out with a good local fly fishing guide to improve your chances of success and learn

some great techniques.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks Bill, greatly appreciated. I'm very happy that we have a forum like this to be able to share all our experiences on the water, no matter if it's the good, the bad or the ugly.

We are very fortunate to live in this area of California and some don't even know how good the fishing is within an hour 30 of Sacramento. Some of the best, and no need to drive to Redding for good trout fishing.

I'm extremely blessed to be able to fish and guide on some of the finest bodies of water in Northern California.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer