Thread: Bass and Birds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bass and Birds

My two favorite things to photograph now are bass and birds. I got a different angle on this bass. Kind of a fun picture. Not fun for the bass but fun for the humans. I also have a few critters I got yesterday. I drove 30 minutes yesterday to look for vultures and found there was no battery in the camera. I got back in the car and came home but went back out and got some shots of my usual bird buddies at their usual spot. I am pretty sure the hawks recognize me. They fly off quickly and directly away from me. Three people and a dog can walk by without pausing or looking at them and they will stay on their perch but if you stop and face them they get nervous. I am thinking of getting some camo for my camera. They dont like it when I lift the camera and point it at them. Camo might help that.

First light topwater bass. Do not be late for the topwater bite.

Not a sharp photo but a kestral with a rat. I think the raptors get plenty to eat this time of year. They are like bass - feed a couple of hours a day, get your fill, then sit around for the other 22 hours of the day and don't bite.

Red tailed in flight or it might be a light colored Swainson’s. I am not sure.

Swainson's in flight.

Pretty good turtle.

Baby Swainson's hawk I think. Two adults were close by.

Probably the same kite I shot a couple of weeks ago. He is landing.
    Last edited by John H; 07-18-2022 at 01:54 PM.