Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Methods/Flies if McCloud Is Turbid?

I ended up spending two days at the Pit. Fishing was as good as always. Although, I must admit that despite of spending 15+ days on the Pit over the years I have never caught a trout bigger than 17 inches. Just can't figure it out for some reason.

Anyway, wanted to share with you to be aware of bears. Came across four of them (near Malinda Gulch and near Ruling campground). And there is lots of bear poop. They must have come down to feast on blackberries near the river. I have for the most part ignored them (although I still carry a small Walther pepper spray with me). Is that a good approach or should I stay away from the places where I saw them or their poop?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-09-01 at 1.04.36 AM.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	18298

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley View Post
    I ended up spending two days at the Pit. Fishing was as good as always. Although, I must admit that despite of spending 15+ days on the Pit over the years I have never caught a trout bigger than 17 inches. Just can't figure it out for some reason.

Anyway, wanted to share with you to be aware of bears. Came across four of them (near Malinda Gulch and near Ruling campground). And there is lots of bear poop. They must have come down to feast on blackberries near the river. I have for the most part ignored them (although I still carry a small Walther pepper spray with me). Is that a good approach or should I stay away from the places where I saw them or their poop?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-09-01 at 1.04.36 AM.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	18298
    Or you can send me gps coordinates and I can fill out my bear tag this year?