Thread: Join our forum so you can get rid of your old unneeded fishing equipment?

Default Join our forum so you can get rid of your old unneeded fishing equipment?

Our "Classifieds" are free and are very popular and effective.

You can list anything for sale here that is related to fishing, boating, camping.....any sporting goods products.

If you register or sign up on our Forum more than likely I can approve you that same day.

In the 30 years of owning Kiene's Fly Shop we received no "bad" checks.

That is a tribute to the caliber of fly fishers.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

That's extremely kind of you Bill. I'm sure some will present defensible reasons for not allowing people to post immediately upon joining, but yours is one of the VERY few surviving forums these days, and likewise one of the last places to buy and sell used equipment, which is much appreciated. I live in a part of the country where there are almost no fly shops, with no more than two independent ones that I can ever recall in existence at any one time over the past 20+ years. It's now down to one and I can't ever see that increasing. While I've bought tons of gear from whoever was in business here at the time, I could not have supported this habit of mine without the benefit of being able to sell whatever I didn't realistically need or use any longer and likewise buy somebody else's discards at a similar, used price. Unless you're in a part of the country with a bunch of fly fishers (again, not where I live unfortunately), alternatives like Facebook Marketplace are worthless. Among many benefits, I greatly appreciate you keeping the forum going for the opportunities this section offers. As always, thanks for all you do.

Thanks John.....

COVID permanently closed thousands of small businesses around the World.

I am about 14 hours south of you in Sebastian, FL.

We have a small motorhome and skiff and want to find some good places somewhere up by you to find some cooler weather in

July/August/September? I guess it would be up in some mountains? Any ideas?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Hi Bill. Much as we'd love to have you pay a visit up here, I couldn't in good conscience recommend this part of the globe to anyone seeking cooler temperatures during those months. July and August in particular are notorious for unbearable heat and (especially) humidity, and if anything, what was formerly a miserable two month stretch has only expanded in both directions to capture more and more of June and September as well. The mountains in the eastern part of the state just aren't high enough to provide much relief I'm afraid. If you don't want to make the well worn trek between the sunshine state and Michigan, I'd suggest maybe looking into western North Carolina. While it might be similar in latitude to KY, that state has legitimate mountains that might offer some relief at higher altitudes during those months, and the fly fishing in that part of the state is excellent, with more streams and rivers than you could ever get to, ranging from small mountain streams to larger tailwaters and decent size freestones in between. In between the fly fishing, the scenery is pretty extraordinary as well.

Thanks John......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Just got a message from "Bonnie", Tom Burlile's half sister that she is considering selling much of his fly gear. Like most of us Tom collected rods and reels and related stuff. I think most of it is single hand gear that I know a little about but am unfamiliar of fair prices.
    My suggestion was that she compile a list and maybe become a member here. I have haunted this forum for some time and believe the members are, as Bill mentioned, straight shooters.
    Bonnie now lives alone in Mt so this may be more of an issue she is willing to deal with but at least I'm confident I've steered her in the right direction. Thanks in advance Bill. Lud/sixrivers

Hi Bill,

I love this forum and used it many times to sell and purchase items. I would like to see a pay it forward section where folks can offer items to others for free or requests can be made for items. I was blessed that my wife allowed me to purchase anything for my son when he was starting out. Over the years we have acquired many items and won some at the yearly shop sale raffles. Times are tough right now and I would like to help others trying to get their kids outfitted or themselves. Many of us are getting older and are downsizing or have items sitting around. I’m not looking for accolades but rather a vehicle to start communication where deals could performed privately. I get greater satisfaction giving items away where they will be used rather than making a couple bucks. Just a thought as we have had some threads in the past where items were exchanged.

Thanks

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Excellent ideas Jet....

Anyone who has any fly fishing or fly tying equipment that they don't need, collectively, we can all work on finding a good home for it.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958