Thread: Outcast 'Fat Cat' float tube for sale

Default Outcast 'Fat Cat' float tube *Sold*

Purchased a couple years ago from Fly Fishing Specialties as there were difficult to find any inventory. I would say it’s in very good plus to excellent condition. New they are asking $479 if you can find one. Sold
    https://www.outcastboats.com/product...s-gray-orange/

Thanks

Jet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	752BAC06-13B1-430C-AFEE-B09023BB4A27.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	18202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09481922-7957-4CF7-A531-A33793052267.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	18203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB5EE31A-46D1-4A71-B1C0-76243BDAA428.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	18204  
    Last edited by Jet; 08-23-2022 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Description change
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Bump to top
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Outcast V-boats dominate the market now.

On smaller fresh water ponds and lakes for bass & panfish or trout this is a great way to get out "on the water", off the bank.

In a V-boat float tube you are comfortable and at eye level with the fish, insects and your top water offering.

Trolling in a V-boat is a great way to get someone started into fly fishing.

We started about 50 years ago with old round "Tucker Duck & Rubber Company" canvas skins over truck innertubes.

After a while they invented the U-boats and V-boats which where easier to get in and out of and they went faster too.

Next came the pontoon boats with oars and comfortable seats, up out of the water more.

We evolved next to short 8-10 foot simple Prams with oars, electric motors and/or small outboard gas motors.

Today many fish from skiffs with nice new 4 stroke gas outboard motor and auto-pilot electric motors on the bow.

No matter what you are in, getting out "on the water" in some kind of floating craft is huge jump for any fly fisher.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

My first float tube was a Del Canty tube. If you remember, they would fold up and could almost fit in a cigarette package. Bright orange, something you couldn't miss when on the water.

Then my next float tube was a Top Gun tube that used a 20" truck tire inner tube. I always felt secure when using that tube.

Then came the TPL pram. I had 5 of those, trying to get 7. One for each day of the week.
    Last edited by RoosterHunter; 08-11-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    Jay Murakoshi

The orange light weight "Del Canty" round float tube - you filled it with a nylon bag, like a pillow case, and was great for backpacking.

The Buck's Bag "Top Gun" was one of the best traditional larger round "doughnut" float tubes.

The TP&L fiberglass prams, as well as the Valco aluminum prams, changed fly fishing for many of us.

I sold TP&L prams back in the day. Mostly the 8 footer. "Tom, Pat & Larry" were the founders in Campbell, CA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TP&L (2).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	721.3 KB 
ID:	18271

This is a young Dan Blanton in the 1960s or 1970s on a Hunter Leggett bass pond.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........