Thread: Cast and Blast

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cast and Blast

There was some casting for sure but the only blasting was done with the shutter of my camera. I fished this morning and got some bass I was happy to catch. What made me even happier was that unlike Monday the wind gods let me fish. The wind was going a bit but conditions were fishable. The bass did not respond to the topwater early and I thought it was going to be a bust of a topwater day but when the tide bottomed out they got on the feed and helped me out with a few bites. More important than this morning's bass bite was yesterday's bird bite. I found some cooperative birds of prey and a bluebird and got some pretty good shots. They won't win any contests or get me a check from a magazine but I am pretty happy with them. Western bluebird, black shouldered kite, Red tailed hawk and Swainsons hawk. If I got any of those wrong let me know. You might be tired of seeing birds and bass but I am not so there could be more coming.

The second and third shot are the same fish. I don’t want it to look like I caught more than I did.

Last edited by John H; 07-08-2022 at 08:19 PM.