Spring and Fall seem to be the most popular times in everything I read or heard in the past 40 years. (May/Oct)

Winter has the problem of cold snaps coming down from the North. This can ruin your week long serious fishing trip.

Winter is good for combo trips of sight seeing and fishing with the wife or sweetheart.

Summer is good by nobody usually wants to go there because of the high heat.

In the summer you have low winds that make traveling long distances in a small skiff possible.

Low winds give you a smooth surface so you can spot fish from a long distance.

June through November is Hurricane season in the tropics. I think Sept/Oct is peak.

I personally don't like going during a full moon and have good info on that from lodge owners.

Tides are very important, especially for Permit, but I think the good tide weeks are already taken by regulars.

I think ? Neap tide weeks (subtle changes) are best for Bonefish because you get more time to fish them.

I think ? Spring tide weeks are best for bigger inshore gamefish like GTs and Roosters.

In Belize we were told April/May was good but June started the rainy season. Oct/Nov was another good time.

There are lots of places you can go and get in some early morning wading for jacks and bones.

Certain tropical saltwater species in certain places have slightly different timings.

The most consistent and best experience I know after 40 years is Christmas Island for new comers to flats fishing.

Sense 1986 I have not had anyone say their trips sucked, as far as the fishing was concerned.

If a destination has good shopping, fine dinning and great accommodations the fishing probably sucks.

Usually when you are in a great fishing area you will be bug bitten, hot, sweaty, with "so so" food and accommodations.

*These are just my feelings and I can be wrong but much of it is from guides, lodges and our own experiences.

** I have had a place in Florida for 18 years so I get lots of feedback from that too.

Tell us some of your ideas about timing for different species in different locations in the tropics.