The more I fish for bass the less I understand them. Monday they would not touch the topwater bug but today they were into it. I don't get it. Seems like you just have to show up really early and hope it is on. They bit on top for about and hour and a half and then they were done with it. After that I fished subsurface and got a few more plus a crappie. Since the bass n fly tournament is today I pretended like I was in it and weighed my best 5 fish - 12.56 pounds which is about 9.5 pounds more than I got Monday and 12.56 pounds more than I got the time before that. No fish pictures today but I did hook and lose one that definitely would have had her picture taken. I am sick of losing the biggest fish of the day. Seems like it happens way too much.

I saw a hawk on a pole on the way home. He was eating a rat but by the time I got my camera out he had swallowed the rat. After he swallowed the rat he spread his wings. Maybe to make space in his stomach for the rat. Who knows. We think rats are gross but hawks probably think rats are tasty morsels. Hawks probably think of rats the way we think of a big fat carnitas burrito or a pepperoni pizza. Tasty, goes down easy and fills your belly. That is what hawks think of rats.