Thread: Critters This Morning

Default Critters This Morning

I spotted a few critters this morning - a red tail hawk, a red squirrel, a western kingbird, a well built nest with eggs likely belonging to the kingbird and the elusive critter known as the Delta Pickle. If I got any of those wrong let me know. I am pretty happy with the hawk shot. The lens I have now was good enough for the hawk and the squirrel but songbirds are pretty small and need a little more reach than I have. The fish was on the Olympus point and shoot, the nest was on the iPhone and the others were on the Nikon DSLR. The Delta is a windy place in the summer. The bass sure are taking their time getting on the topwater. I have gotten a few on top but they are pretty uninterested in it.

Last edited by John H; 06-06-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Nice fish! Great shots!

A couple I know spent about 5-10? years seriously bird watching locally and got real involved with that community.

Now today I can call them a talk about new local bird and they are still up on all of it.

Once I saw a "boat tail grackle" that had come up from down south of here.

They already heard about them..........they are still connected.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I like to do a little birding myself. I like to know the common birds around me but I don’t need to fly to Aleutians to bag some exotics. Like anything if you get a little too into it it can be ruined. The movie Big Year was hilarious if you have not seen it. I have seen a grackle but not the boat tailed grackle.

Thumbs up Critters....

The photo of the Raptor is amazing. They appear so dignified. Nice Bass BTW. Thanks for sharing....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hawks look to me like they really mean business. They are clearly not messing around. If I was potential prey I would be terrified. As serious and scary as they are it is always surprising when you see a blackbird or some other not scary bird hassling a hawk.