Thread: Verona Ramp Closed

Default Verona Ramp Closed

Closed as of today, May 2, 2022.

Low water and silted ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    Closed as of today, May 2, 2022.

Low water and silted ramp.

Meaning they won’t allow anyone? We launched there Saturday. It was low…but with my raft it wasn’t an issue at all. Plenty of smaller boats got in and out. Some larger boats and V bottom boats thought better of it. I just called here and there is nothing on their recording saying they are closed. Says the ramp is open 24/7.

Can you please let us know where you got this info? Can’t imagine they wouldn’t make it launch at your own risk rather than close.🤷🏼*♂️ Thanks!

Informed by the employee working there along with the sign out front stating the terms of the closure. I hope I save everyone else some gasoline with my announcement.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 05-03-2022 at 07:23 AM.

I can confirm it is closed until further notice. Since these folks almost never answer the phone, it may be a situation of driving out there to see if opened. You catch catch the flows on the CDEC site. When it closed it was at 5800 CFS and it was very low. Launched Sat & Sunday in my Wooldridge Alaskan XL it was getting challenging but able to push out with oars. If the river comes up they may re open so check the flows. It is now 5600 CFS so probably closed for a while.
    Last edited by ErikB; 05-03-2022 at 04:40 AM.

So it is now closed to everyone or could you launch a kayak there? I saw you referenced launching a raft.

There is a gate at the front of the facility and you can't drive in. I doubt they would even allow you to park on the road and walk your kayak in.

Depending on how far and hard you're willing to "portage" your kayak through brush and steep ground, you could probably find a spot to launch near one of the pullouts used by bankies. With the low flows you could probably make use of the shore eddy to get up and down the area around the confluence.