Thread: Pyramid report: 04/24, 04/25

Default Pyramid report: 04/24, 04/25

I fished the "cliff" section of Pelican for 3 hours on Sunday and 5 hours on Monday. On Sunday there were only about 10 other anglers. In the three hours of fishing I saw only one fish caught and one LDR. The light winds and mild conditions made the fishing very tough. The smell of "skunk" was definitely in the air. I didn't get a single strike.

Monday provided much better conditions. However, there were only four other anglers in the entire "cliff" area. The wind was strong enough to create some wave action and a veil of clouds provided a light grey sky. I hooked 5 fish, losing 2. I caught two "rats" and one P.R. fish. The P.R. fish was 33 inches long and I'm guessing its weight at 13 lbs. (photo). It took me 15 minutes to land. The quality of the photo isn't very good since I was in a hurry to release the fish. Overall the fishing was still very slow but you have to be happy anytime you catch a P.R. fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220425_150552_004.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	18019  

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post
    I fished the "cliff" section of Pelican for 3 hours on Sunday and 5 hours on Monday. On Sunday there were only about 10 other anglers. In the three hours of fishing I saw only one fish caught and one LDR. The light winds and mild conditions made the fishing very tough. The smell of "skunk" was definitely in the air. I didn't get a single strike.

Monday provided much better conditions. However, there were only four other anglers in the entire "cliff" area. The wind was strong enough to create some wave action and a veil of clouds provided a light grey sky. I hooked 5 fish, losing 2. I caught two "rats" and one P.R. fish. The P.R. fish was 33 inches long and I'm guessing its weight at 13 lbs. (photo). It took me 15 minutes to land. The quality of the photo isn't very good since I was in a hurry to release the fish. Overall the fishing was still very slow but you have to be happy anytime you catch a P.R. fish.
    Thank you for your Pyramid report !!!!!!!!

So,........................................you landed a few $ 8.00 fish.

That's much better than my last trip .......................... $ 24.00 all day casting practice.

Good to know that the fish are still around and the crowds ........... not so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record, were you fishing with a midge....balanced leech...buggers...or a top secret fly you can't disclose here ???

Thanks again for the report Hsano, love to read about 'em if I'm not fishing for 'em.

Dang Cutthroats .......................................

Bob

I was midging. The two flies that produced were the 49er and a bright pink midge. I'm sure the flies were important but with so few other anglers I was able to fish wherever I wanted. Luckily I found one spot that produced.