Thread: Delta Bassin'

Default Delta Bassin'

The stripers seem to be evaporating from the Delta or at least from the part of the Delta I am fishing. The last couple of times out I found some but this morning I got one dinker striper which is the worst striper catch I have had there since mid January. Fortunately some bass and a couple of crappie were biting. Next time out I think I will be calling it a bass fishing trip. It might be a little early but seems like about time to start trying some topwater. One pretty nice bass today, a turtle that let me get close to him which is unusual, some Sunday boaters and a lot of bankies. Fun times.

Female northwestern pond turtle. I checked it out on the California Herps website which is really a great resource.

Largemouth bass. I did not have to look that up on the internet.

Last edited by John H; 04-24-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Another fine outing! Great pics John!

The majority of the Striped Bass spawn up near Colusa on the Sacramento river in April, May and June.

Maybe that is where they went?

Captain Kevin Doran told us his favorite month for top water large mouth bass was May in the Delta..
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I like that delta haze dirt coat on the reel and the seat. This rod "works".

I do have some mileage on that rod. I got that from Mr Murakoshi for $100. Thank you Jay. He should feel good that it is being well used. It is one of those yellow 7’-11” Sage bass rods. I have three. If anyone has a lightly used one they want to sell I could use a fourth. I have posted a lot of bass and some stripers that were caught on that rod. I take two rods so one sits in the kayak getting dirty while the other is in my hand getting dirty. They take a beating in the kayak but that is what they are for.

John - Two wonderful Bass posts in a row. You are far and away my favorite poster. Thank You For Sharing! Best, Bob