Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuba - How Long To Clear Out?

Default Yuba - How Long To Clear Out?

With this week's rain, can anyone estimate how long until the Yuba will be fishable again? Thanks.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Is it chocolate milk right now?

I have not seen the river, but based on flow data, my guess would be Sunday, with some good greenish color to it.

As long as its got a tinge of color for happy swinging

I'll be swinging on Tuesday, hell or highwater. Don't know about the hell part, but there's sure to be high water.

the flow bump is a benefit to the fishing, but i would be curious to hear reports of the clarity. DC is still pushing 120CFS.

Went out yesterday. Clarity was good. Green tint to it. Not a lot of surface activity. I fished the sycamore area with some hook ups. Swinging a black “ you name it”. Andy Guibord’s pattern. First time there in a couple of years. It was nice to see the flows up to a decent level. Good luck to those that go soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Fish View Post
    Went out yesterday. Clarity was good. Green tint to it. Not a lot of surface activity. I fished the sycamore area with some hook ups. Swinging a black “ you name it”. Andy Guibord’s pattern. First time there in a couple of years. It was nice to see the flows up to a decent level. Good luck to those that go soon!
    We must have missed each other. I was out in my big green Outcast Striker. Wave, "Hi" if you see me! I never see anyone else swinging on the Yuba.

Glad to hear the river seems to be in good shape. Unfortunately, I was unable to fish last weekend. I decided for once to be a better family man and do some deferred maintenance around the house.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

The river was dropping when I was there last Sunday. I think it may still be?

Five fingers, I think you might have passed me at Sycamore it was around 5pm. Two people in green pontoon type boats went by just before the take out.