Thread: Florida is actually one of the best place in the World to go fly fishing.

Default Florida is actually one of the best place in the World to go fly fishing.

I think lots of folks who live in Florida or go there annually try to keep it a secret?

Watch this fantastic armature video of just two days of guided fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD7xQ4gIp4I
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Florida can be really good fishing if you know where to go. BUT, the average tourist that doesn’t want to drop $100’s on a guide can get overwhelmed and walk away disappointed. South Texas is likewise great fishing but the locals do protect their SECRET spots. I just spent my fifth winter in Texas and I’ve finally figured out a few of the hidden areas but only with the aid of a old guy that grew up in the area.
    I guess my point is that most destinations, like my South Eastern Idaho home, can take awhile to figure out. It took me several years to figure out Idaho and even more for Texas. At 73 years old I’m not sure I want to tackle another location..

Good info Don.....

I have been here on central east coast of Florida for 18 winters now and I am learning a little more every week.

I learn something new every day, even if it is "I am never doing that again."

Yes, Coming here for a week and trying to get some action on your own will not be a good idea.

If you have friends or relatives here who actually fish, well that will be a good thing.

Other than that getting a good recommended fly fishing guide will be the best idea.

Coming at a prime month is a good idea too although we have fishing year round.

Today we have hundreds of pretty darn good DIY videos on YouTube about fishing all over Florida.

Some people rent a house here for a month every year near some good water.

I guess you need to come here for half the year like Don and I did.

Now I am here full time with several good fishing partners now too.

We also have a top local skiff guide, Eric Davis in Vero, who we go out with on occasion.

We have learned so much form Eric that we now have some good days on our own.

I guess if you had a place here in Florida for the winters and a place up north like Montana for the summers?

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........