Thread: Lost Oar on Feather River - high flow

Default Lost Oar on Feather River - high flow

I lost an oar on Saturday 4.16 on the high flow section of the feather river..ballpark about 1/4 mile up of the palm take out. Hoping that I get lucky and someone comes across it pushed up on the bank somewhere.

pictures attached of the remaining...

Thank you

Shaun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6927.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	17986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6928.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	17987  
    Last edited by scall; 04-17-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Hey Shaun, been out a few times, but only in my Jet and with it running at 800cfs, Im really having to pay close attention to where I am running up and down there river. I have briefly looked in that area, but not thoroughly. I will be in my drift boat tomorrow and over the next few weeks and will pay a bit more attention to the river banks.

Here to hoping. But at the place you lost it, it shouldnt have gone far and the river has not raised or lowered anymore. Keeping them crossed that its hanging out down river in the slower water river left in the area where the eagles nest is. Nice thing though is if you are out at that ramp, you can walk straight across the river there as its super shallow and check that whole bank out.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Brian -

thank you for looking out. Lucked out that I wasn't too far from the ramp because yes I did walk myself and raft the rest of the way, not sure what i was thinking at the end of the day but i wasn't thinking to walk the ramp side of the river bank that day, that was a mistake!

-Shaun