Thread: What size Lythium batter would you buy for a 12volt/55# electric?

Default What size Lythium batter would you buy for a 12volt/55# electric?

What size Lithium battery would you get for a 12' boat with a 55# 12 volt electric motor?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I would contact battle born batteries in Nevada. Their customer service is very helpful and one of a few companies that actually answer the phone. If busy leave a message and they Will call you back. They work with lots of fisherman and are very knowledgeable on this matter. I am thinking one of their 100 amp hour 12 volt but they would know best.

Depends on how much you are going to use the electric. If it is only for the final approach then 60Ah might be fine. If the electric is your primary power and you want to cover a lot of water then 100Ah plus would be a better choice.

If you are camping or in a situation where you can't recharge between sessions, a 160Ah may be needed.

I have had great results with a battery from https://ampedoutdoors.com/ I got through my local shop.

HTH

Enjoy!

Hi Bill,

If you had a typical lead acid battery and it worked fine for you, then just a 50ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery would pretty much be the equivalent ( except way lighter!).

If you run the electric a lot then you will have to decide how much more. I think 60ah or may 70ah would give you a lot more time running the electric motor and still be much lighter than a standard marine battery.

If you get a 100ah LiFePo4, you're now back up to 40 pounds or so for the battery. A 50ah could be around 14-17 pounds depending on the brand. Much easier to carry if you have to move it.

I have gone to LiFePo4 for 4-5 years now for almost all my marine needs (12v -36V). Really love lighter weight.

Just bought some Dakota litiums for my power drifter, 1 for my cranking battery and 1 for my 80lb trolling motor. I opted for the 24v 50am battery, it's 1 solid battery.

My question is how much will you he using the trolling motor and on lakes rivers or both?

If you wanna chat give me a text or call.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Hi,
    I would go with 100ah.

I have a rebel 100ah battery on a 30lb thrust minkota. I fish 5 to 6 hours running all over the San Pablo reservoir or delta. When I’m done there is about 50 to 60 % battery life left.

Hope that helps
    Mark