Thread: Inflatable Pontoon ................. a great Deal !!!

Default Inflatable Pontoon ................. a great Deal !!!

While recently surfing the net, I came across this deal from Sportsman's Warehouse.

I'm not affiliated with Sportsman's Warehouse in any way, shape or form, I just wanted to pass on a "what I deem" as a good deal and/or an upgrade from a float tube.

https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-g...urnto_qa_title

Wow............... such a deal @ $ 336.00 dollars + free shipping !!!!!

I've been a little, ummm, shall we say, distraught, after selling my two Watermasters and knowing that I was now "boatless" and could only rely on my float tube to get on the water. Kicking around with fins all day doesn't have the same "appeal" as it did some 20+ years ago...............

This Lost Creek Streamer inflatable pontoon seemed to be a good solution for me so I ordered one and had it delivered to my home.

I was able to use an old "canoe folding cart" I had, and a few miscellaneous pieces and parts to craft a set of transport wheels that will allow me to easily roll it to a lake/pond shore or launch ramp.
    This was a BIG win for me as I'm starting to feel the "age thing" creeping up on me.

I haven't had it out for a "shake-down" test yet, but I think it'll serve me well.

Just something for your consideration..............................

Bob

A generic warning for the type of inflatable you bought. Oarlocks attached via a glued on strip (like on your boat and common on many others) tend to "peel away" over time as the glue weakens. Store it in a climate controlled area, not too hot/cold, and you can make that connection last a whole lot longer.

Bob, you got a spectacular deal.

This is made by Outcast for Sportsman Warehouse and is the same as the Fish Cat Scout IGS sold directly by Outcast for $799.

Using it as a big float tube is perfect plus at 7ft, it could handle some smaller, slower rivers such as the Lower Yuba.

Jim

the sale just started today and runs through April 21. I have the Fish Cat 4 float tube. I like fishing from it but the only drawback now is the old knees are kinda moving slow. I have fished the Forbay a lot from the tube. I usuallly kick out towards the San Luis Creek channel which is a ways out there. Some times it takes me close to an hour and a half to get back to shore.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Bob, you got a spectacular deal.

This is made by Outcast for Sportsman Warehouse and is the same as the Fish Cat Scout IGS sold directly by Outcast for $799.

Using it as a big float tube is perfect plus at 7ft, it could handle some smaller, slower rivers such as the Lower Yuba.

Jim
    Jim,
    Well ................. kinda'.
    I purchased mine last fall during a "previous SW sale".
    Back then it was sale priced @ $ 422.00 and I was elated to purchase it at that price.
    But yes, I agree that $ 336.00 is a spectacular deal.

Mine sat in its original box for four months until I assembled and configured it to my liking.

Jay,
    You're a better man than I am.................
    My bladder wouldn't be able to wait 1-1/2 hours to get back to shore.
    The ability to use oars "should" triple or possibly quadruple my boat speed vs "kicking" back to shore ............... ie. my worn out knees and the leg cramp(s) pain thing.

Dang floating devices...................................

Bob

Hey Bob, I'm thinking about wearing depends. You ought to see how fast I can get out of my waders once I hit the shoreline.
    I had a pram but sold it. All you need is an empty Folgers can.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

I have a 12' Fish Cat pontoon boat but too lazy to put it together. The frame is already assembled but laying out the pontoons and pumping them up is a hassle. I'd love to keep it inflated and tow on a trailer, but no more room in my garage with two cars and a bunch of my wife's antique stuff that she always says that she's going to refinish it this year. Yeah, that was 10 years ago.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

I would rather buy a used brand name float tube or pontoon boat than a of brand new off brand one.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

These float tubes are made by Fish Cat Co. So I wouldn't call them off brand. There are alot of items out on the market that are made by a top manufacture but with a different company name.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Businesses and independent contractors in certain trades are required to carry professional licenses. One example of a professional business license is a commercial driver’s license (CDL). Individuals with a CDL are allowed to operate certain types of vehicles, such as buses, tank trucks and tractor-trailers https://mlsdev.com/blog/healthcare-m...pp-development A CDL is divided into three classes: Class A, Class B and Class C.
    Last edited by kevins; 06-20-2022 at 04:58 AM.