Thread: Bobber Down

Default Bobber Down

If you are into fishing float n fly for bass, the bobber is starting to go down. The bite is not red hot but I expect it will get better and the bobber will soon be going down like there is no tomorrow. We have gotten spots and smallmouth up to 18" which is a pretty fun size in open water on the fly. We also lucked into a carp that was about 11 pounds. That was a nice surprise. It is good to be on my feet and catching fish.

I caught a small carp at one of my local lakes. The bass are starting to bed but I hate messing with them while they're doing their thing.
    Going back tomorrow to check out the carp game and maybe find a few spotted bass.
    Nice Baas and a whopper carp. I've been fishing a suspense leech pattern but today got my carp on a loco moco fly
    Are you still using the Olympus camera. It's kinda hard for me to hold the fish in one hand and the camera in the other hand, especially my right side, bad shoulder, not too easy to raise and hold the camera in place
    Last edited by Jay Murakoshi; 04-04-2022 at 08:40 PM.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

I think April, May and June are the Spring months for Bass.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I saw a couple bass on beds today. The beds are in about 4 feet of water and we fish in 10 feet or more so I don’t think we get many of the bedding fish. I did pester one bed fish into biting which I spotted when we took a break on the shore. They are hard to resist. The smallmouth in the picture had a fat belly which I suspect was full of eggs.

Still on the Olympus although the carp was on the phone.

Is your phone waterproof, just incase you drop it. With my luck, I would push the button and SPLASH! So much for the phone
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

The phone does not hang out over that water. Too risky. It stays in the boat. The Olympus hangs out over the water a lot. It slid off the front of the kayak a few weeks ago while I was handling a fish and I caught it in mid air as it fell toward the water. It was so close to permanent residence in Davy Jones’ locker.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    If you are into fishing float n fly for bass, the bobber is starting to go down. The bite is not red hot but I expect it will get better and the bobber will soon be going down like there is no tomorrow. We have gotten spots and smallmouth up to 18" which is a pretty fun size in open water on the fly. We also lucked into a carp that was about 11 pounds. That was a nice surprise. It is good to be on my feet and catching fish.
    Well wadda' you know !!!!!!!

I'm guessing your surgery went well.............well enough to tease all of us with some more of your big fish pictures.

Good to see that you passed that hurdle and are back to fishing again.

I/we missed your "picture perfect" reports.

Nice to see you back kickin' some butt again John.

Dang Bass and Carp.................................

Bob

What do you set your camera on.. Or do you use the Automatic settings
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Jay - I use spot metering which makes sure the camera exposes for the fish. It works pretty well. Other than that just auto settings.

Bob - I am moving around okay and can handle some boat fishing. I have a ways to go before I can get my kayak up and down the levee and over the rip rap into the water. I might try the kayak next week. I have a hand winch on the trailer hitch that I am going to use to pull it up the levee. Hopefully that will work.