Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

They are trying to pass a bill to remove the homeless from the American river parkway. I believe the murder that happened down by El Manto was the final straw to get this going. I sure hope they eradicate them, I’m tired of the filth they bring in and leave behind, let alone the free hand me out hypodermic needles. I would think that tree cleanup down at Paradise has to do with all this homeless stuff
    , plus fire hazards with them. I heard the old Boys Ranch may get turned into a homeless encampment.

Yes the homeless situation is a big problem. Just hope there solution works.

If California was one of the 200 or so countries in the World it would be #5 in GNP.

If that doesn't give you the answer, well I don't know what would.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey Bill, you lived in Sacramento and now live in Florida. How is the homeless situation there? Are car break-ins as common there as in CA? We were in the Miami-Ft Lauderdale-Palm Beach corridor in February and noticed how few homeless were there compared to the tent cities everywhere in California, but we may have been in areas scrubbed of homeless for the spring break tourists. Homeless tents and tarps were scarce, surprising given the warm FL climate and our experience in CA. What are you seeing? And if it is different, why is that?

Default Clearing Levee Berms??

Trees and shrubbery were thinned/removed from both sides of the levee along Garden Hwy from Northgate to I-5, recently (Very ugly).

As I recall, many years ago there was a proposal to clear/remove greenery from levees' by the Army Corps of Engineers stopped many years ago. That proposal was rejected. Maybe its back?? More likely this is an attempt to reduce Homeless camping/fires along the American River Parkway. IMHO, all it has done is concentrate the campers from the lower river to where the Hwy. 160 bridge crosses the river.
    Last edited by Darian; 04-13-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I’ve been fishing the lower river every other day for the last 11 days and haven’t caught any shad. I have been seeing more fly anglers trying also. BTW, a large area around the Log Hole that was cleared of trees is well away from the levee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    They are trying to pass a bill to remove the homeless from the American river parkway. I believe the murder that happened down by El Manto was the final straw to get this going. I sure hope they eradicate them, I’m tired of the filth they bring in and leave behind, let alone the free hand me out hypodermic needles. I would think that tree cleanup down at Paradise has to do with all this homeless stuff
    , plus fire hazards with them. I heard the old Boys Ranch may get turned into a homeless encampment.

I think you are right about this.

I live near 160 and its bad here. Every time they do a clear out it results in more camps down by the river and surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoman View Post
    Hey Bill, you lived in Sacramento and now live in Florida. How is the homeless situation there? Are car break-ins as common there as in CA? We were in the Miami-Ft Lauderdale-Palm Beach corridor in February and noticed how few homeless were there compared to the tent cities everywhere in California, but we may have been in areas scrubbed of homeless for the spring break tourists. Homeless tents and tarps were scarce, surprising given the warm FL climate and our experience in CA. What are you seeing? And if it is different, why is that?
    In any big city in America it is dangerous with homeless and huge crime and illegal drugs.

If it looks like California is collapsing I would sell off all your real estate, ASAP, before it is worth nothing.

In southern Cal, especially near the beach, the weather is unreal and no bugs or much humidity.

Homeless Heaven...............

I would stay away from Miami.

The safest places are in America's rural land witch is 75% of our land mass.

Smaller towns are usually safer.

In Sebastian, Florida we have almost ZERO homeless.

The bugs, gators, wild pigs, coyotes, bobcats, cougars and snakes take care of that.

To live in FL you need a new AC and covered pool.

We have tons of American flags and everyone calls me "sir" and open and holds the door for us.

Get out of the big cities..........

The World is in the same shape it was in the late 1930 just before World War II.

There is nothing to really get prepared for. Bad times are obviously coming.

If you are old, just stop watching all news and go fishing as much as possible.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Still no shad for me. Fished the lower river yesterday and ran into a gentleman named Wayne who had just started two-handed casting. He was from the Bay Area and planned to move here in a year after he retired. He showed me the shad flies that he tied and they all should work. Nice to meet you Wayne!

A reliable source who lives in River Park said he saw about five or six gear guys fishing for
    Shad at the Log Hole this morning and one pulled up a stringer with two fish on it. Greg