Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

Floated with Earle today and we got well into double digits swinging fast sinking lines. Angel was in his new Willies on his second float in her. He got some in the slack water in the big hole. We watched intently as he negotiated the chute at Upper Sunrise Island. He did it with no problem after we gave him some tips on how to approach it.

Solo float in the mini today. Found a pod of about a hundred shad and had a blast getting them on just about every cast. Mary Ellen was with Sam Yee in his power drifter. Float tuber Tom was getting them in the slack water of the IG hole. Ended up with double digits!

Floated today and it was work to get into double digits. The shad have thinned out and were scattered all over the place. I saw only 3 other anglers (a beginner fly guys and a couple soaking bait).

Today was a carbon copy of yesterday. The shad were scattered and I kept moving around in my boat picking one or two here and there. I got into double digits putting in a lot of work. I saw float tuber Tom in the slack water of the big hole on my way down river and he was still getting a few.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-20-2022 at 03:45 PM.

The weather hasn’t been to kind for you sitting in a boat.

Yep, it’s like sitting in an aluminum frying pan!

Floated today and there was no one fishing the slow water at the big hole so I nymphed it. Got bored after getting double digits so I headed down river to swing. There were a lot less shad in the run but I got into double digits swinging LC-13 and Type 8. I have to keep moving around to find one or two.

Floated and got to fish the slack water in the big hole with float tuber Tom. I let Tom try my LC-13 swinging rig and he loved it. Broke my 5110 ZAxis rod landing my 10th fish. Went down river and swung up another 10.

Wet waded mud-day today because I had to drop my broken rod off at the shop to have it repaired. Got double digits swinging a Holo Ronald with a 15 ft Type 8 sink tip. Earle came down and got a couple before I left.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-24-2022 at 04:40 AM.

Looks like it’s about over. Floated with Earle today and we had one grab, one LDR and one landed!