Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

Fished pretty steadily at a couple of spots over several hours on Friday, but maybe needed to be fishing deeper, as I didn't have a lot of luck. Wind was pretty tough when gusting (and swirling around from different directions with each cast!)

I Watched the drift boats come by above Harrington and nab a fish every 2-3 casts on an indicator rig. But I wasn't able to duplicate that. Maybe not able to cast out far enough or not quite deep enough? Or...who knows? (I was dredging up some algae fairly regularly, so figured I was deep enough....). Open to any ideas, recs, etc.?? I caught them all on the swing last year.

Floated mid river with Earle this morning and we got into double digits swinging. Bruce Porter was solo anchored above us and Ben Thompson was putting his clients into fish on every drift. Garrett Smith floated by with a couple of guys. We found fish in only 3 runs.

THAT was the report I was waiting for! Packing up.

Sounds like it here be down there tonight.

At 6$ a gal. Not sure I will drive 5 miles. Water temp still below 60 deg.

Fished a couple of spots this morning. The first was one that Earle and I did well at yesterday in his drift boat. I was wading and gave up after an hour because I kept fouling my hook on every cast even with an intermediate MOW tip. Went to another run upriver and got 4 swinging Andy’s Perdigon using a Type 8 sink tip. Andy was out solo in his jet Lowe and he got a few swinging and nymphing. He told me that there was a good sized school in slower water near the tail out of the run.