Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    1500 cfs and 58 degrees.
    I guess that is the temperature at Fair Oaks, or was it self recorded? The temperature at Folsom on May 15 was 62.8. Anyone know why it would be warmer upstream of Fair Oaks? Seems like it should be the opposite.

The important thing of course, is that it is warming up!

Temp was at Fair Oaks reported by Realtime Dreamflows. The Folsom water temperature might on the surface and they must releasing cooler water from the bottom.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 05-17-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Temp was at Fair Oaks reported by Realtime Dreamflows. The Folsom water temperature might on the surface and they must releasing cooler water from the bottom.
    Ah, that would explain it.

Fished three spots up high this morning and all I ended up with was a big pike minnow. Fished mid river in the afternoon and got a handful all on the Pink Lipstick. Raider Dave was fishing when I showed up and he got a dozen a little higher up.

Did a solo float today and it was pretty steady until noon then it shut off. I was throwing 25 ft of LC-13 on a 6 wt switch rod because they were deep.
    25ft of LC-13? WOW thats my delta striper setup!

Solo float today and it was very slow. Only got 3 in almost 6 hours on the water. Got the first one on the second pass through a deep run swinging Andy’s Perdigon with 25 ft of LC-13. Got the next two at the drop off of a riffle swinging a Pink Lipstick with a 15 ft Type 8 sink tip. There were no other boats and only a handful of bank anglers.

Most of the Stripers and Shad will probably go up the Sacramento river this spring/summer to spawn.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Fished mid river this morning before the wind came up. Got 3 swinging a Pink Lipstick. Saw Peter Villarreal across from me and Happy came by with clients. He told me that there was a big school higher up. Also saw Mary Ellen in her boat and she say Happy was killin’ it.

Fished for a couple of hours this morning in the wind. It really wasn’t that bad except for the wind gusts. Didn’t get any but saw a few shad that I spooked crossing a riffle. No one else fishing except for couple of kids on the bike bridge. I think I’m going to wait until tomorrow when the wind is supposed to slow down.

Fished for a couple of hours this morning. Bruce Porter was anchored in his go to spot. Garrett Smiith and Jared Shakin floated by with clients. LDRed one above Bruce and went home to float higher up. Did a solo mid day float and got 5 all using LC-13. 3 of the five were caught dangling with the rod in the rod holder. So the rod holder out fished me! I was the only boat with one bankie and a kayak angler.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 05-21-2022 at 07:40 PM.