Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

Jeff, I super appreciate having your frequent updates. Could you share pics of an Andy’s Perdigon?
    And of a pink lipstick too? And/or tying recipes??

Thanks!!
    Dave

There’s a pic of the Pink Lipstick (fluorescent yellow thread body with pearl mylar overwrap). I’ll post a pic of Andy’s Perdigon (fluorescent orange thread body with olive flashabou overwrap) later today.

Andy’s Perdigon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B86427C-54F3-4E9D-B1CD-92568E7DD101.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	18048  

Floated mid-river today in the mini. Ran into only 6 other anglers (5 bankies and Fred who was in a kayak) and it was slow for everyone. I ended up with 4 all nymphing Andy’s Perdigon. Andy, Jared and Happy are still out there with clients. I hope they are doing better than me!

Fished a mid-river spot and an upper river spot this morning. I didn’t get a single grab. I saw Garrett Smith with a couple of clients and they were hooking shad on every pass they made through a productive run. I saw 5 other bank anglers and no one caught anything. I’m looking forward to the warmer temperatures expected this weekend.

Default thanks Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Andy’s Perdigon
    Much Appreciated Jeff! That's about as simple as they come!

Water temperature at Folsom today was 57.4 degrees. That is a low for this date in the last ten years. Columbia river data indicates that 90% of the shad that enter come in when the water temperature is between 60.8 and mid 70’s. Hopefully the Sac has mot warmed yet enough and they have not entered the system in any great numbers and passed the American by. Does anyone know if they are showing upstream of the American? Not often I am hoping for hot weather, but I sure am now and glad to hear it is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera View Post
    Water temperature at Folsom today was 57.4 degrees. That is a low for this date in the last ten years. Columbia river data indicates that 90% of the shad that enter come in when the water temperature is between 60.8 and mid 70’s. Hopefully the Sac has mot warmed yet enough and they have not entered the system in any great numbers and passed the American by. Does anyone know if they are showing upstream of the American? Not often I am hoping for hot weather, but I sure am now and glad to hear it is coming.
    I can certainly confirm they are moving up the Sac quite well. Had had my 2 best days this past week. Roughly 56 yesterday and my best outing was mothers day and got 82. That day there was not one other shad boat any where around me. I felt that had to be the biggest difference of why it was so good. Whenever we are there and fishing is on and we have the spin fishers start dropping 4-5 ounces of lead it always affects the bite. Water temps are roughly 58-62 so fishing should be good for a while with these cool nights and mild days.

Hi Eric

Are you up on the Sacramento river near Princeton?

40 years ago we would drive up there and wade the gravel bars right in Princeton.

I guess a boat is better because you can find the fish.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I heard they are up to Butte City on the Sacramento river.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........