Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Jeff’s 2022 AR Shad Reports

Looks like this run is on it’s last legs. Earle and I floated the upper river for 5 hours and only got 9. They were balled up in one hole in some very slack water. Gear guys were getting them reeling their jigs through the ball. The water was too slow to swing or nymph.

Earle and I floated today and it was slow but we did some work and got into double digits. Float tuber Tom was working the softer water and getting some. Italian John was on the bank entertaining anyone within ear shot. It was a lot slower today for the bankies and boats. There was another drift boat, jet boat and raft also on the water today. Didn’t see any of them hook up except for the jet boat that got a couple.

Floated again today with Earle. It was a little busy with two other drift boats but we all found spots to fish. Mary Ellen was with her grand nephew and Angel was in his new Willie. Angel was getting them using a center pin rod. Mary Ellen told me that float tuber Tom was out earlier yanking them left and right. Earle and I ended up with double digits.