Thread: Pyramid Lake 3/20/22 Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pyramid Lake 3/20/22 Report

So I decided to do a solo trip and venture up to Pyramid Lake last Sunday. I got to the Mid an hour and a half before sunrise, which gave me enough time to prepare my gear. The forecast for the day stated that it would be cloudy with some sunshine. Unfortunately, it was about 95% sunny with 5% clouds.

After fishing my first spot for 4 hours without a single bite, I decided to move to another beach. I fished for 2 more hours without getting a bite. Then I finally hooked one and it popped up. Luckily, I landed 6 more within a 3 hour timeframe. I probably hooked just as many with LDRs. I had one break my tippet within the first few seconds. The biggest fish (shown below) hit at the 6' depth mark (kind of crazy).

The day was tough with the less than desirable conditions. I tried my best to adapt by switching locations, switching midge patters often, and changing my tippet from 12lb to 8.5lb test. I also think the fish are going to spawn sooner than they did last year. I believe some have already started spawning. This might be my last trip to the Mid for this season but it depends on the how the spawn goes. So if you want to fish before the spawn, you better get up there soon! Good luck everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9373.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	17847
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9377.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	781.5 KB 
ID:	17848
    Last edited by Pvillarr; 03-23-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V