Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just don't understand

Love to fish. Love to travel. Love Mexico, my son is down there now with his fiancée. Love panga fishing. Love drifting a river in Alaska. Love trout fishing on a small stream. Love trout fishing on Big Streams. Love the marsh and a big bull red. Love Bluewater fishing for big fast fish. Love Roosters, big ones are even better. Love mahi, again big ones are even better. But I also love the flats and I love bonefish. I have caught a lot of bonefish, but remember with fondness all the ones over 10 bs and that was only three. It is not a contest, but the joy of fishing that I love. May you each pursue your passions with awe and wonder. Everyplace I ever fished had some degree of risk.
    Don Memmer

Don, You have a great philosophy

Carl

I kind of feel like this thread is an advertisement. It's very strange.

I have no economic gain nor invested interest here. My comments were related to the dangers/fears of visiting Mexico. I have more reservations/concerns about fishing the American River than traveling to Mexico.
    Last edited by gitt; 03-26-2022 at 09:30 AM.

fivefingers,

I don't understand your feeling like this thread is an advertisement. I don't sell anything especially trips to Mexico.
    However I do endorse fishing in Baja a lot more then fishing for Bone fish on the east coast. I think I stated that fact in the first paragraph of this thread.

Carl Blackledge

I know Carl talks up Mexico a lot and has for years. He loves fishing there and his enthusiasm shows, so if you don't know him it might sound like an advertisement. My son and I plan to go down for the first time and Carl has been enormously helpful. I booked everything independently and I believe him when he says he doesn't make anything from the trip. He sent gear recommendations and he helped me locate some used gear I can re-sell without losing a lot if I don't like the fishery. Everybody I talked to so far knows Carl and speaks highly of him. I did purchase some flies from him, because he ties commercially and he knows the fishery, but he didn't push them. So far I have been very happy with Carl's support and I look forward to exploring blue-water fly fishing in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoman View Post
    I know Carl talks up Mexico a lot and has for years. He loves fishing there and his enthusiasm shows, so if you don't know him it might sound like an advertisement. My son and I plan to go down for the first time and Carl has been enormously helpful. I booked everything independently and I believe him when he says he doesn't make anything from the trip. He sent gear recommendations and he helped me locate some used gear I can re-sell without losing a lot if I don't like the fishery. Everybody I talked to so far knows Carl and speaks highly of him. I did purchase some flies from him, because he ties commercially and he knows the fishery, but he didn't push them. So far I have been very happy with Carl's support and I look forward to exploring blue-water fly fishing in Mexico
    Bob, Thank you for that, That is exactly the message I have tried to send to anybody that reads this. Yes I do tie flies and sell them, been doing that for the past 40 years. As far as fishing in Loreto, I don't make one penny or receive any kick backs from anybody, hotel or guides because I don't want too, I want to catch every fish I can and have as much fun as possible.
    Every year in California seems to keep getting worse, so i fish longer in Loreto, actually pretty simple.
    Carl Blackledge
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 03-24-2022 at 05:14 PM.

I keep hearing about how fishing in NorCal sucks on this forum. Guess this one caught recently sucks also!!!! That ain't a spawner or a steelhead, it's a trout, and the spawn is month's away. Can't catch them from your keyboard, so get on out there even if it sucks!
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 03-24-2022 at 08:35 PM.

Wlredband…..what the hell dude?

First you jam Carl up over expensive, exclusive gear. Then you post a random picture of a rainbow you “slayed”…in a discussion about Mexico.

I don’t get it? Just bored and trolling?

You need a history lesson so re-read the entire thread. First Carl asked a question, "I don't understand why....." and I answered "why". And the reason why is BW tackle is expensive and very few people have it nor will use it enough to justify the large expenditure required. Simple question answered. If you really don't want a question answered, don't ask it in the first place.
    The "random" picture is in response to a complaint frequently elicited here, that fishing in CAL "sucks", which the OP (and others) has posted many times before and also again. So, I posted my "random" picture of a recent caught fish that clearly shows that fishing in CAL "sucks". Simple question answered again. I hope I explained it clearly to you.
    And I have to ask you the same question, I don’t get it? Just bored and trolling?
    And I'll actually answer your question of just bored and trolling. I've been out fishing the past 3 days and have 25 steelhead logged on my CA Steelhead Card in March alone. So much for fishing in CA "sucks" or being bored and trolling.
    Besides, I pretty much agree with fivefingers comment also. Look it up while you're re-reading the thread. And maybe that's why the OP posted? You can decide that one. I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by slage View Post
    Wlredband…..what the hell dude?

First you jam Carl up over expensive, exclusive gear. Then you post a random picture of a rainbow you “slayed”…in a discussion about Mexico.

I don’t get it? Just bored and trolling?
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 03-25-2022 at 08:08 PM.