Thread: Pyramid report 03/14, 03/15

Default Pyramid report 03/14, 03/15

I fished Pyramid (Pelican) for 3 1/2 hours on Monday and 5 hours on Tuesday. I fished from 3:00-6:30 on Monday and 11:15-4:15 on Tuesday. Pelican had a ton of anglers fishing all the way from the cliff section to well past the Sofa rock on both days. Nonetheless, I didn't see that many fish caught on either day. I felt fortunate to catch two on Monday (25 and 24 inches). I caught a single 23 incher on Tuesday. Monday was tough because the winds were pretty light with light wave action. Tuesday seemed like the conditions were better (more clouds and a bit more wind) but the better conditions didn't translate into better fishing. The guy next to me using a spey rod landed 2 or 3 fish and lost one but he seemed to be doing way better than anyone else that I could see. With his spey rod he was able to make very long casts to deeper water and it seems that this is where most of the fish were holding during the afternoon hours.

The north nets were epic on Sunday and Monday. I think there were 5 fish over 20 lbs caught and a bunch of fish between 10 and 15. 75 ladders out. You had to be there by 4 to get a spot on Tuesday. Fishing was good but not as good as the day before. I was awaken at 1am by a couple of guys putting ladders on the beach. They fished the day before and wanted to get a good spot. One of them had a 21 pounder and 30-40 other fish. They said it was the best day they had in the week they were there. There’s a great ledge at both the No and so nets now.

It goes to show you that "location, location, location" can be the key at Pyramid. I talked to a guy from Wyoming who had fished for three days. His only fish came on Monday. He was a newbie to Pyramid but even so one fish in three days is pretty poor fishing. He and his buddies were leaving for a 13 hour drive back to Wyoming.

Default Fishing

Better get there early to reserve your rock 😉

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC6BFBEE-2684-4A26-AF0B-BCE9306B318D.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	17810