Thread: Replacing Tip Section on Scott Rod

Default Replacing Tip Section on Scott Rod

In cleaning out my closet, I ran across the butt section to a Scott G-904 rod that was custom-built for me back in the eighties. The butt section is still in excellent condition, but the tip section was broken at some point, and I no longer have it. Scott will replace the tip for me, at my expense, of course, since it was not a factory-bought rod. I have been given a very reasonable quote, and I am inclined to send the butt section to them so that they can match up a new tip section. My question is this: Has anyone had any experience with Scott replacing a tip section on a G-series graphite rod? Do they do a pretty good job of matching and balancing the tip section to the butt section?

Also, I ran across a custom-built Scott G-903 that I will probably be posting on this forum this weekend. It is in remarkable condition, and I am thinking that $250.00 is probably a fair price?
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

Scott replaced a tip section for me. They know what they are doing. Anyone would have to be a Steve Rajeff to notice any differences.

They did one for me years ago, also on a custom build. Did an excellent job.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    They did one for me years ago, also on a custom build. Did an excellent job.
    Ed
    Thanks, Ed and Zepher. I am going to go ahead with the tip replacement and start fishing the rod again.
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir