Thread: Carp and Bass

Default Carp and Bass

I used the orange fly that I tied up a few days ago and caught a bass and a carp today. The carp was right on top of where I thought my fly was but in the muddy water you cant tell for sure and you can't see them bite so you keep an eye on the end of the fly line. If it moves a little or stops or you just have a strong hunch, set and hope he is there. If he is not there he will spook but was probably not going to bite anyway. The bass cruised over to check out the fly as I dragged it across the mud. He was right on top of the fly but sometimes they nose up to it for a close look and don't grab. I guessed he might have it and was right. I am starting to think carp fishing is legit. Sight fishing for good sized, cagey fish. What is not to like. Fun stuff.

Thumbs up Carp N' Bass....

A Bass and a Carp in the same session. I sure am enjoying your photos and posts. Thanks for sharing.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

so if you got a striper there that could IMO be a delta grand slam?

Darian - Comments are appreciated. You always have something good to add.

I am thinking the Delta slam would be the largemouth, smallmouth, striper and maybe the carp. That would be a tough slam to get in a day. In Quetico the slam is smallie/pike/walleye/laker. That is a fun slam. It would be tough to do it on the fly. I have gotten all four on the fly in my life. I have gotten them all in one day a couple of times. Get the bass and pike on the fly then troll for the laker and luck into a walleye and you are there.