Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny Story.....NFF

BobVP edited in the caveat “ I do not believe this to be anything near a true story I find the "answer" funny” and changed the name to "Steve Jones" just today. That stuff was not in the OP. What I objected to, is someone posting a story that's a complete lie, being used to justify the political derived agenda remarks that followed by certain individuals, also denigrating a respected biologist, before Ralph and myself jumped in to set the record straight. And no, we do NOT need to "lighten up" on persons who do that. This site is a far cry from what it used to be years ago, and the politicking is the main reason why I rarely post here any longer. And your gonna say, wait you don't have all that many posts from many years ago. But in reality I'm a former VERY active poster here that most old timers here would know who I am if I posted under my old name. If this site wants to be taken as a serious fishing site with good information, the political BS has got to stop, IMNSHO.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchubb View Post
    I believe Bob stated at the top “ I do not believe this to be anything near a true story I find the "answer" funny. ”. I think we all read it the same way, but anyone who has had to deal with government bureaucracy got a wry smile out of this. And I see a “Steve Jones” listed there (probably the edit noted on the original post), but I had even looked at the name until you mentioned it, Ralph. We need to lighten things up a little on these sites - leave the animosity to Facebook, Twitter and the like. We have way too many common interests and concerns to start fracturing as a community.

Quote Originally Posted by WLREDBAND View Post
    BobVP edited in the caveat “ I do not believe this to be anything near a true story I find the "answer" funny” and changed the name to "Steve Jones" just today. That stuff was not in the OP. What I objected to, is someone posting a story that's a complete lie, being used to justify the political derived agenda remarks that followed by certain individuals, also denigrating a respected biologist, before Ralph and myself jumped in to set the record straight. And no, we do NOT need to "lighten up" on persons who do that. This site is a far cry from what it used to be years ago, and the politicking is the main reason why I rarely post here any longer. And your gonna say, wait you don't have all that many posts from many years ago. But in reality I'm a former VERY active poster here that most old timers here would know who I am if I posted under my old name. If this site wants to be taken as a serious fishing site with good information, the political BS has got to stop, IMNSHO.
    TOTALLY agree. It was a political post at the start and to think it wouldn't create a political backlash is simply naive. If the original post had stated "Steve Jones" instead of naming my friend, who is a real person, and a real biologist, I would have gone along for the laugh. Instead it was nothing short of targeted slander.

I like Bill and others thought it was a funny post from the very beginning. Come on guys, relax and cool off your jets........ we need a little bit more humor in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    I like Bill and others thought it was a funny post from the very beginning. Come on guys, relax and cool off your jets........ we need a little bit more humor in today's world.
    I related to the story and found it entertaining. I couldn’t even tell you the names of the characters because the story was so relatable. But names seem to be the focus I guess. Nothing new these days.

Ralph and Wlredband,
    I did a search on Yahoo and found the original post on many sites.
    Seem that many sites have the same post from Tn, Ky, and elsewhere.
    Steve's name appears in all of them. You two are to be
    commended and thanked for your comments and support
    for the Steve that's dissed in the original post and so widely
    spread. Should be a way to stop this crap! Maybe folks
    should just take a few minutes to verify things. How
    easy is that?
    Best to all,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

Nope, you're missing the point.
    The story is a lie. Not true. Didn't happen. It's not just about the names. The fact that the name belongs to a real person who has nothing to do with the false story makes it even worse.
    Keep swallowing. Nothing new there either.
    HOOK, LINE, SINKER
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    I related to the story and found it entertaining. I couldn’t even tell you the names of the characters because the story was so relatable. But names seem to be the focus I guess. Nothing new these days.
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 03-06-2022 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WLREDBAND View Post
    Nope, you're missing the point.
    The story is a lie. Not true. Didn't happen. It's not just about the names. The fact that the name belongs to a real person who has nothing to do with the false story makes it even worse.
    Keep swallowing. Nothing new there either.
    HOOK, LINE, SINKER
    Well, I guess you’ll have to go to all the websites I copied and pasted this story on and tell them “It’s false.” Hook. Line. Sinker.

I'm quite sure you did. No surprise there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Well, I guess you’ll have to go to all the websites I copied and pasted this story on and tell them “It’s false.” Hook. Line. Sinker.

How many people focused on the name rather than the "story"? It amazes me how the media has turn some people into permanent offended, thin skin, citizens. Come guys, it's not about the names. it's about the fake story which reflects politics and how things can be used and manipulated for other purposes. It happens in everyday life and this story simply provides a sarcastic answer to such events.

Default In Summary:

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    How many people focused on the name rather than the "story"? It amazes me how the media has turn some people into permanent offended, thin skin, citizens. Come guys, it's not about the names. it's about the fake story which reflects politics and how things can be used and manipulated for other purposes. It happens in everyday life and this story simply provides a sarcastic answer to such events.
    The original message was sent with a disclaimer. The message was sent for comedy entertainment only. I know a couple of CA biologists and they would not take this humor personally. I agree, names should be not mentioned for any reason. What we should consider is that most of the lakes in Sierra Nevada's mountain range are no longer air-planted due to the "frog." Also, ethic cleansing of brown, brook and rainbow trout in Alpine County is also another issues that should be discussed. These are serious issues and CA Dept. of Wildfire made these decisions. I think they are horrible and are part of the liberal agenda. Lets stay focused on what is important for what is best for our fisheries and not get caught up in trivial comedy. Just my 2 cents.