Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny Story.....NFF

If the story were true, it would be hilarious. But it ain't. Total fiction.
    What's hilarious is the number of people here who believed it. Now, that's some funny chit!!!!
    BTW, the frog is only found in NorCal and S. ORE, and Steve works for ODFW.
    HOOK. LINE. SINKER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McFish View Post
    SATIRE!! Get a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by WLREDBAND View Post
    If the story were true, it would be hilarious. But it ain't. Total fiction.
    What's hilarious is the number of people here who believed it. Now, that's some funny chit!!!!
    BTW, the frog is only found in NorCal and S. ORE, and Steve works for ODFW.
    HOOK. LINE. SINKER!!!!!!!!

You’re missing the whole point of the story. No one really cares if it’s true or not.

The story is completely false. Total fiction. Didn't happen.
    Keep swallowing.
    HOOK. LINE. SINKER!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    You’re missing the whole point of the story. No one really cares if it’s true or not.
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 03-03-2022 at 10:50 PM.

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. Definition from Oxford Dictionary. No mention of whether the reader recognizes the writing as such. After all, a green frog is still green even if the observer is blind.

Been noticing a lot of cranky fellas on here lately. Fishing must be tough. I sometimes try and picture the person behind the angry posts. A twenty something who is triggered easily or perhaps an older gentleman who strapped his New Balances on too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by MThompson View Post
    Been noticing a lot of cranky fellas on here lately. Fishing must be tough. I sometimes try and picture the person behind the angry posts. A twenty something who is triggered easily or perhaps an older gentleman who strapped his New Balances on too tight.
    The original post would be funny if it didn't personally attack Steve Niemela without any factual basis. Steve is hard working, good biologist, and a good person to boot. You slander a friend, accept what comes back at you.

I can respect that but I doubt anyone who thought it was funny knew who that was. I certainly didn't. I found it funny just on the context alone and not who was mentioned in the story. Again, I respect that you have your friend's back.

Yep, same here. The story was completely false. If it were true that would be a different story. But it was a total lie.
    Everyone here can call me whatever name they want and fling all the insults my way. Don't worry, I've got a thick skin. Attack people I know professionally with lies and that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The original post would be funny if it didn't personally attack Steve Niemela without any factual basis. Steve is hard working, good biologist, and a good person to boot. You slander a friend, accept what comes back at you.

I certainly never thought it was a true story.
    Guess I should have mentioned that.
    Just read the humor.

I believe Bob stated at the top “ I do not believe this to be anything near a true story I find the "answer" funny. ”. I think we all read it the same way, but anyone who has had to deal with government bureaucracy got a wry smile out of this. And I see a “Steve Jones” listed there (probably the edit noted on the original post), but I had even looked at the name until you mentioned it, Ralph. We need to lighten things up a little on these sites - leave the animosity to Facebook, Twitter and the like. We have way too many common interests and concerns to start fracturing as a community.