Thread: Folsom Spillway Dump

Default Folsom Spillway Dump

Spillway dump on my bike ride today! I’ve always wanted to swing and strip that section down there for some monster Rainbows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2FA913C-0A3D-41DB-A397-2306467D75A7.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	490.8 KB 
ID:	17783

Wait- folsom is full now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Wait- folsom is full now?
    No, not even close!

Name:	FC1F3682-5AB1-4FA5-96E7-7FD766A10036.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	17784
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 02-25-2022 at 02:27 PM.

And then, they will start talking about the global warming and the drought ...........let's start by saying no to very poor water management and wasting water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Spillway dump on my bike ride today! I’ve always wanted to swing and strip that section down there for some monster Rainbows.

Name:	D2FA913C-0A3D-41DB-A397-2306467D75A7.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	490.8 KB 
ID:	17783
    I met someone on the lower reaches of Natomas. Said he's caught some monster bows on the fly! Had the pictures to prove it too...

NK

Yes, the state record Rainbow comes out of Natoma, have a friend that does well there. Would love to fish up in that area of photo but it’s closed to the public.

We bait fished it years ago . Landed them to 11 Lbs. , lost them to perhaps 14 Lbs. ? Lots of large Sculpin on the bottom there above the bridge . I tried fly fishing it , but the water is over 20 feet and there are many large fly-eating rocks .

I understand that since Trout stocking stopped , Rainbows are pretty rare in Natoma . I fished the lower lake HARD out of a tube for several years , took a handful of stockers to 16 inches , one very large Catfish (#10 Prince Nymph) , and nothing else .

D.~

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    We bait fished it years ago . Landed them to 11 Lbs. , lost them to perhaps 14 Lbs. ? Lots of large Sculpin on the bottom there above the bridge . I tried fly fishing it , but the water is over 20 feet and there are many large fly-eating rocks .

I understand that since Trout stocking stopped , Rainbows are pretty rare in Natoma . I fished the lower lake HARD out of a tube for several years , took a handful of stockers to 16 inches , one very large Catfish (#10 Prince Nymph) , and nothing else .

D.~
    I've only fished there once, but found a spot with big bass and hooked one about 5-6lbs on a clouser... had my trout tippet on though and he broke me off.

NK

I didn’t realize that they had stopped stocking Natoma. I used to fish it for smallies, and there were some big ones (18-20” and bigger) that weren’t uncommon. Now that I literally live on the north shore of the lake, I only fish it for carp in the spring. Go figure.