Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Reel Job - Ryan Johnston

Default A Reel Job - Ryan Johnston

Friends,

I hope this note finds you having a good weekend. I wanted to share some exciting news with you. My ten year project of writing my book as finally come to an end. It is a reflection of some of my best guide stories from 20 years of being on the water. It's a collection of short stories that comes in at 20 chapters and 170 pages. So far the response from everyone who has purchased it has been awesome.

I know that your going to love it. So many stories in there that you are going to connect with.

Book Description:

The river is full of surprises. There are certain things I can anticipate on any given day—the flow, the tides, the weather—but each day spent guiding is a fresh story waiting to be written. Some days are normal and uneventful short stories, some are long-winded novels of struggle and victory, and others are biographies of the people I encounter. In my opinion, the true story of our lives is told through the day-to-day. We tend to focus on the large, life-changing events—and, yes, those tend to be exciting and oftentimes insightful—but true life is what happens from one day to the next as we wander down our life’s path. The decisions we make, the things we see, the people we love, the religion we believe in, and the work we do are the things that define us. As we look back through our careers, we all recall moments in the workplace that made us laugh, made us angry, brought sadness, and created feelings of joy. Through the writing of this book, I’ve been able to reflect on the countless river stories that I have experienced. Stories of big fish caught, bigger fish lost, memorable clients, threats from wildlife encountered on the river, and just plain old funny situations shared with complete strangers. These stories that you are about to read are but a taste of the sights and sounds that the river has provided my clients and me over the last 20 years. So go grab a cold drink and find a comfy chair. My hope is that you’ll enjoy reading these tales as much as I’ve enjoyed living them.

Here is the link to the book in Amazon -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reel Job Mockup2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	526.9 KB 
ID:	17745

https://www.amazon.com/Reel-Job-Shor.../dp/173725560X
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

Congratulations Ryan and best of luck with your book sale.

It sound like a very interesting book........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate the kind words. I know they you are going to crack up when you read it. Hope all is well with you!
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

Ryan,

Do you make anything when I get it for free on Kindle Unlimited?

Did the guy who pooped in his net make it in??? that story cracked me up!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

At first, with that title, I thought you were going to go to work somewhere with retirement, benefits and all that stuff.

Most "successful" guides and other small business guys usually have a wife with a "Real Job" with their benefits, etc.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Did the guy who pooped in his net make it in??? that story cracked me up!
    First story after the intro...

Yes, I get some small percentage off of pages read. Not exactly sure how that all works yet. Either way, I am stoked that you are reading it. Let me know what you think. Reviews on Amazon are a great blessing. Cheers.

Absolutely. One of my top guides stories ever. So funny that you remember that. It is early in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    At first, with that title, I thought you were going to go to work somewhere with retirement, benefits and all that stuff.

Most "successful" guides and other small business guys usually have a wife with a "Real Job" with their benefits, etc.

That must be nice. I could definitely handle a sugar momma. LOL. Nope, I have a stay home wife who homeschool's the kids. I have my guiding and running Cast Hope. I spend about half of my time guiding and the other half as Executive Director of the organization.