Thread: Pyramid 2/5

Default Pyramid 2/5

My father and I got to fish on my buddy's boat last Saturday at Pyramid before my gig later that night in Reno. Collectively we landed 21 fish throughout the day. We mainly fished the southern area of the lake as there are a lot of baitfish concentrated there still. The winning color combo was an olive-brown balanced leech color combo. This season is definitely odd, but I am glad I finally got a good one so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5324.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	17719
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    My father and I got to fish on my buddy's boat last Saturday at Pyramid before my gig later that night in Reno. Collectively we landed 21 fish throughout the day. We mainly fished the southern area of the lake as there are a lot of baitfish concentrated there still. The winning color combo was an olive-brown balanced leech color combo. This season is definitely odd, but I am glad I finally got a good one so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5324.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	17719
    Thanks for the report Peter. The fishy pic looks like you got into a good one. I noticed you aren’t doing the shore fishing you did last year. You utilizing your spidey senses and going out further into the water or going by what’s the hot ticket from your intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Thanks for the report Peter. The fishy pic looks like you got into a good one. I noticed you aren’t doing the shore fishing you did last year. You utilizing your spidey senses and going out further into the water or going by what’s the hot ticket from your intel?
    Thanks Bill. Good question...I have mainly been fishing on a boat because my friend has invited me along. However, I did get some intel that a lot of fish have been out further in the lake compared to last year. Either way, there are pros and cons to fishing on a boat. I would rather fish from shore/ladder if the fish are in close enough.

Peter V

Good job all of you roping fish from out of a boat.

O.k. then, how are you doing it ???

Do you anchor up out in the lake somewhere then cast ???

Are you trolling flies or lures ???

Just curious what technique you use for "fishing from a boat".

Dang Cutthroats....................................

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Good job all of you roping fish from out of a boat.

O.k. then, how are you doing it ???

Do you anchor up out in the lake somewhere then cast ???

Are you trolling flies or lures ???

Just curious what technique you use for "fishing from a boat".

Dang Cutthroats....................................

Bob
    Hey Bob, I hope all is well. Sorry for the late reply. So we either anchor up or use my buddy's stabilizer to keep in place. He primarily trolls with lures so my dad and I were fly fishing during lunch and breaks that my buddy took. You can indicator fish or strip from the boat. Although it is extremely tough fly fishing on the lake if you don't use an anchor or a stabilizer....you simply move too much.

I am hoping to get back up there soon. I have seen quite a few toads being caught there in the past 24 hours according to social media.

Peter V