Thread: WTB euro rod

Default WTB euro rod

Using a cabelas CZN rod lately and its heavier than I like in hand.

Any suggestions a a decent alternative? I'm hoping to keep under 300 if possible.

Echo Shadow II comes in at 3.2 oz in the 10' 3weight
    Its light and very crisp casting. comes in just under $300 as well
    I like mine for Euro Bro Nymphing

No suggestion and no knowledge about this Euro here!!!! but I have New Redington Euro Nymph 10' 3weight. I doubt I will be doing that thing so PM me, if you are interested in buying this rod.

Mr. T, check out the Orvis Recon 3wt outside your budget. Hardy/Greys used to make the Streamflex and have since reintroduced it maybe under Fenwick name. Used to be the standard. The Orvis is light 2.5oz and feels light in the hand.

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Best euro nymph mid prize fly rod is the Syndicate 10' 3wt. Light and most important sensitive to detect the lightest takes for $324. This rod plus a 5wt size reel, euro fly line or just backing with #8 bicolor line with 6 feet of fluorocarbon tippet and a few perdigon flies and you are set for a good time.
    Last edited by mogaru; 02-03-2022 at 11:53 AM.

ECHO Shadow X is $450 but I love mine and everyone I know who has used one feels the same way.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Default Have some 10 ft 3wt Blanks in 3/ 4 wt if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

Any suggestions a a decent alternative? I'm hoping to keep under 300 if possible.
    Have a some vintage 10 ft 3 wt. Blanks made by fisher 2pc spigot ferule 10 ft. 3/4wt . 33 mm & 44mm modulus carbon. Best long nymphing rods ever made I have ever fished. I may have one single hand one built .

Randy at Tahoe Rod Works

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

I’ve been pretty happy with the Wildstream Searcher Euro Nymph rods. They are about $260 new.
    What line weight are looking for?
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

I have an Echo Shadow II 4wt. It's a good rod, but it's heavy. It's good for having some insurance on big fish on the Truckee or Putah, but sort of overkill for water like the Upper Sac.

My girlfriend has a cheapo Fenwick Aetos 10' 4wt. Now that is a great rod for the money. I would consider selling the Echo, but wouldn't consider selling the Fenwick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    I’ve been pretty happy with the Wildstream Searcher Euro Nymph rods. They are about $260 new.
    What line weight are looking for?
    The czn is the 11’ 4 wt, and it was a surprise how big it feels for a 4, I’m looking at the orvis Clearwater 10’ 3 wt.