Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yuba Gold Nugget

I have found some flakes below the bridge but never anything of substance. I took my sluice out yesterday for my bday and made an afternoon of digging and dumping, then fishing while the box did its thing. After 1 5g bucket I had about 10 little flecks that weren't worth keeping. But it's definitely around

Over my lifetime in the fishing business I had lots of customers complain about the gold miners on many of the streams up in the mountains East of here while trying to fly fish.

Some would say they had hiked way down into a canyon and when they got to the stream it was so dirty from gold miners that they just hike back out.

__________________________________________________ ___

I think they used those floating dredges in the lower reaches of many of the Valley rivers.

In a documentary about the Gold Rush and all the mining they said they only went X amount of feet deep back then.

They said if it was possible they could start over with much parge equipment and go much deeper and get lots more gold.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Over my lifetime in the fishing business I had lots of customers complain about the gold miners on many of the streams up in the mountains East of here while trying to fly fish.

Some would say they had hiked way down into a canyon and when they got to the stream it was so dirty from gold miners that they just hike back out.

__________________________________________________ ___

I think they used those floating dredges in the lower reaches of many of the Valley rivers.

In a documentary about the Gold Rush and all the mining they said they only went X amount of feet deep back then.

They said if it was possible they could start over with much parge equipment and go much deeper and get lots more gold.
    I actually used to catch lots of fish downstream from dredges back when they were allowed. They seemed to stir up lots of insect life and the fish would feed downstream. One time a miner actually pointed out some large trout that were holding just below his dredge. Some small streams in Plumas County used to have deeper holes from dredging and had decent fishing back then, but now they are kind of filling in and the fish are tiny. I've heard lots of complaints about miners, but I think they did some good.