Thread: Pyramid 1/29 - might be picking up?

Default Pyramid 1/29 - might be picking up?

Didn't get a full day for my $24. Arrived at Bob's favorite spot about 1:30pm. Planned to throw streamers on a heavy line so I knew all day would wipe me out. There were 1/2 dozen other people already fishing and they reported that the fish were around and they had consistent action in the am on mostly leeches. The shelf was easy to access and it could have been done without a ladder, but staying dry is nice. I was stripping white, olive and black leeches right on the sand. Ended up 4 of 5 with a break off. All of the fish were from 1:30 - 4. 3 on the olive, 1 on the white. All were in close, just off the shelf. Of course I think the one I lost was "the one". Broke off on the hook set so it must have been 20lb, right? Or a little guy going the other direction. Should have stopped before the sun went over the hills because I really thought I might loose my fingers and a few toes sitting in the car trying to get feeling back. Several other people were catching as well. All under 'cators and about even between the midge and leech. Good luck if you go! Katz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220129_142810.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	17710  
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Didn't get a full day for my $24. Arrived at Bob's favorite spot about 1:30pm. Planned to throw streamers on a heavy line so I knew all day would wipe me out. There were 1/2 dozen other people already fishing and they reported that the fish were around and they had consistent action in the am on mostly leeches. The shelf was easy to access and it could have been done without a ladder, but staying dry is nice. I was stripping white, olive and black leeches right on the sand. Ended up 4 of 5 with a break off. All of the fish were from 1:30 - 4. 3 on the olive, 1 on the white. All were in close, just off the shelf. Of course I think the one I lost was "the one". Broke off on the hook set so it must have been 20lb, right? Or a little guy going the other direction. Should have stopped before the sun went over the hills because I really thought I might loose my fingers and a few toes sitting in the car trying to get feeling back. Several other people were catching as well. All under 'cators and about even between the midge and leech. Good luck if you go! Katz
    Good job there Katz !!!!!

Nice to see that the fish might be "on the chew" again.

I hope to try again soon and maybe catch a few $ 8.00 rats instead of a $ 24.00 casting session.................

Thanks for the report.
    Mucho' appreciated.

Dang Cutthroats................................

Bob

Great report.....Doc.

That is a really nice photo..............maybe one for the wall?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks Katz for the encouraging report. There must have been a morning bite and afternoon bite. Had a friend leave about when you started and got the same number. Things are looking up