Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the use of flys tied on double hooks legal in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    I called the DFW regarding this and was put on an answering machine but still no response since 1/28. I am a patient man though.
    Try another office. DFW, like any place else, has employees who don't give a shit while others are engaging and helpful. When doing research out of Bishop I saw both from the same office. If I was lucky enough to have my call land in Curtis Miliron's lap he would go overboard trying to help. I truly miss him. The other biologist never answered his phone and would never return a call. It wasn't just me, it was a chief complaint from many people (and agencies) I knew. He was a true blight to the department's public image. The dick was transferred to Region 2, hopefully he was relegated to counting Whitefish eggs.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-17-2022 at 10:59 AM.

This is the response I received from DFW there's no restrictions as far as a fish and wildlife regulations for you regarding the hooks whether they're single or double or trebles and only restrictions we have is if it's a fishing place where you have to use barbless hooks that's the only only thing, you know that you have to remove the barbs or ensure they are pushed down so they cannot be felt but other than that doubles or triples are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Thanks I will give them a try tomorrow.
    I am sure Rodger Bloom of CDFW can fill you in on this. He has a background in this facet of fishing management and also was one of the leads with the recent revision of the inland trout regulations.

Thank you for that information.