Thread: Nimbus hatchery

Default Nimbus hatchery

I stopped by to see the completed ladder. I was disappointed. It is really nice don’t get me wrong but.. I always injoyed watching the fish going up and over the ladder. Not much of a ladder now that I could see. The angle isn’t as steep because the run is so long. The windows are not much help because they are covered with algae and the water was dirty from the increased new flows. Maybe it will clear up later. Doubt they will clean the windows.
    There isn’t any access to the lower part into the basin from the hatchery parking lot. You can walk to the bike trail up the street or hop the fence I guess.

What a shame. That was always such a thrill to watch the fish go up the ladder. Epic fail on the algae covered windows.

It’s not for us it for the fish to draw more into the hatchery instead of spawning on top of each other.

It actually goes a lot deeper than that. The whole hatchery is a educational exhibit for the community. If people, businesses and schools don't show hands on conservation , sustainable environmental practices, the ecological food chain gets out of balance.
    We humans are the planets worst and best enemy.