Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
I fished the San Lorenzo river a lot. Lots of the fish use to hold up in the Buckeye hole. Use to be a good run of wild Silver salmon and Steelhead in the river. It was a tidal water situation. At low tide you would be able to stand in the middle of the river. High tide we use to fish from the marker on the cliff up to the bend. There you were met with a lot of iron chuckers who would throw over your shoulder. Most of the guys who were wading would just touch their cigarette to cut off their mono lines. Lot's of arguing but very few fights. It was always fun to watch a few bank guys slide off the cliff into the water.

A few other creeks/rivers that were good was Soquel Creek, which ran right by Ernie's Casting Pond and the Pajaro River. The Salinas river was another good river. On a high water/flood year you would find fish all the way up to Arroyo Seco. But the best river for the big steel head was the Carmel river. I caught a number of double digit steel head around Rosie's bridge and Farm Center...

The good old days. Nice too look back
Lots of water has flowed under the bridges since those days Jay.

Sadly, we have both seen a huge decline in most fisheries in our life times.

Our fathers and uncles had even better fishing than we did.

We go to witness lots of in before it went down hill.

I am so glad they produced the movie, Rivers of a Lost Coast.

I am also happy that finally they are removing some dams.