Thread: Photo's

Default Photo's

What's the step in posting photo's to the site. I'm taking a bunch of photo's of fly tying materials, fly fishing equipment, rods, lines etc that I'm going to sell. I'm going to post here first before going on FB market place.

The first item and photo's I have right now is strung white saddle hackle. comes in 4oz+ bundles, length is 6" - 7". The strand is around 4' in length.

For those of you who don't know about buying strung saddle hackles, it normally starts at 6" and the usually into the 7" range. This is what I use to hackle all my salt water, bass patterns. Also for tying up flies like the Lefty Deceiver.

Haven't set a price yet, but the going price for a pound of saddle hackle is around $180.00 or higher. Don't believe me, check out some of the hackle wholesalers who sell strung hackles. Check out the prices from places like Shifeng Chen, etc. I used to buy from Dorthey Hobbs (Bill might remember that name), Can't remember the new owners name, right now but I think the new name is Zucker Feathers.

So how do I post a photo. If not, you can PM me for a photo.

Jay

I just checked out one of my wholesale catalogs and strung hackle is around $13.50 per one ounce pack. I will take each bundle to the PO and weigh them on the postal scale to get a accurate weight.

Last edited by Jay Murakoshi; 01-07-2022 at 03:35 PM.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Hey Jay, Happy New Year. Get an IMGUR account then cut and paste
    Don Memmer

Jay,

There's an "insert image" icon in the upper bar when you're composing the post. You'll get a pop-up box to add files to upload. I just add photos that are already on my computer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	17620

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	17619

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Jay,

There's an "insert image" icon in the upper bar when you're composing the post. You'll get a pop-up box to add files to upload. I just add photos that are already on my computer.

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	17620

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	17619
    Yeah Jay, posting a photo is pretty easy here. First, click on the icon of a photo in the top row of icons

Name:	screen1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	17621

Your screen should look like this. Then click on the "from computer" button (unless you have uploaded your photos to a web server like Imgur, then you can use the other button)

Name:	screen2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	17622

Your computer should then take you to your file system. Find the photo you want to upload and click on it. A light blue border should form around that photo. Then click on "Open", button at the lower right.

Name:	screen3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	17623

The screen should revert back to the screen where you decided to select from your computer or from a URL. This is the only sneaky part. A link to your photo will actually have been set up now. You need to click on the words "Upload photo" and your photo will be loaded on to your posting. You can select several photos to upload by holding down the "ctrl" key while you click on the pictures you want to attach. I think you can only do 5 at a time.

Sometimes you have to wait a while for it to load depending on the photo format.

How do. you make those icons appear.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

When you press reply it’s right above where you start, look for the picture icon it’s the 3rd one from the far right.

I think I figured it out but I will check out your suggestion
    Thanks to all who gave me a few ideas
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Jay,

There are some Facebook Fly Fishing Equipment Sale groups that you can join and just get your stuff in front of people looking to buy fly fishing stuff. Super easy to join these sites and you won't get all the "phishing" scams that come with posting on Marketplace. Just a thought.