Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When in doubt release more....

Default When in doubt release more....

I dont get the math. We want to blabber on and on about water and how we are in short storage of water, how the climate is changing (altho if you think that might be the case the earth is just maybe reverting back to its natural state before the big rock from outer space that cause a "ice age"). All the while one number that has freakin been changing towards the worse by the thousands since the 1990's has been the amount of homes and buildings and enlarging of cities.

So to combat the drought DFG is now on the idea release 500,000 more young fish. Congrats we fixed the damn issue of low fish counts!

https://activenorcal.com/nimbus-fish...merican-river/
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Default ???

Not sure I understand the point of your lament. DFW isn't directly in charge of solving development or drought related issues but is in charge of state run hatcheries that produce the fish for stocking, etc.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Not sure I understand the point of your lament. DFW isn't directly in charge of solving development or drought related issues but is in charge of state run hatcheries that produce the fish for stocking, etc.
    When you make statements like this you are in support that the issue of water is only because of "climate change." Also this person did not come up with this statement all by himself. This is a group thought throughout many governing agencies. Fact is they all talk in unison is seems. "Climate Change." Thats the point I'm trying to make. That is quite possible that the increase in homes also plays a major fact. But its hardly talked about. The same agencies that are talking climate change.... and boom here is a tax upon the people to "fight" climate change. But nothing is really done only more added to the system that creates climate change.

I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy in the statements. This was in the article. Unless you did not read it. The quote I'm going to paste below.

“Chinook salmon returns to the American River declined significantly during California’s last drought,” said Jason Julienne, supervisor for CDFW’s North Central Region fish hatcheries. “We’re using those observations and that experience to get ahead of any population declines this time around by increasing production to help sustain this important salmon run."
    Aron-

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    I dont get the math. We want to blabber on and on about water and how we are in short storage of water, how the climate is changing (altho if you think that might be the case the earth is just maybe reverting back to its natural state before the big rock from outer space that cause a "ice age"). All the while one number that has freakin been changing towards the worse by the thousands since the 1990's has been the amount of homes and buildings and enlarging of cities.

So to combat the drought DFG is now on the idea release 500,000 more young fish. Congrats we fixed the damn issue of low fish counts!

https://activenorcal.com/nimbus-fish...merican-river/

You complain all the time about releasing hatchery salmon dude. 40 million people in California and you think they’re going to remove dams? Where do you get your water from? Be thankful hatcheries are keeping the salmon and steelhead run alive. Pull the hatcheries and watch the rivers run empty every year. Not to mention IF there were no dams this past year how low would the rivers and streams actually be with the drought? These are put and take fisheries and these fish need all the help they can get to survive our modernized world.
    Last edited by Rossflyguy; 01-07-2022 at 09:24 PM.

This is getting good, so I…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B578F4AF-546F-4D97-9F87-4B67B7F40E14.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	17624
    Got to love steelhead season!!

Yes it would be helpful if the argumentative, provocative gentleman or woman actually made some sense.

Okay...the last three posts were funny as hell. I'm still laughing. Glad you got enough popcorn for everyone!!

You can go through all my posts, have never complained about hatchery steelhead being released. Actually they don’t release enough for a fake human made river. Yes it’s human made when you going in attempting to produce spawning grounds. As I stated over the years on the AR hatchery vs wild is an ignorant debate being the whole damn system is produced out of a hatchery. All same genetics. My point in this is the statement from a government agency stating that because the drought let’s let more hatchery fish out. The problem a BS call out in the statement from DFG. This is a issue of also over populating the Sacramento/Placer area with homes and businesses that require more and more water every year. All the while letting water out for farmers and so on. Why are we surprised about low water in the Folsom res then?

All I see all over the internet’s recent posted and debates about climate change and droughts. Well is the math to build more homes going to solve these issues? But the same politicians in CA arguing about these climate changes are the ones allowing more and more to be expanded in this state. Then they go on their gov websites and talk about climate change and water shortage as being the issue why they’re releasing more salmon. They should have been relaeasing this many regardless. The AR system does not support wild populations because of its issues and only being 23 miles long, with probably only 40% at most being somewhat spawn-able water.

My debate on what you might be referring to was about bonking hatchery fish on the AR. A chat we had a few years back. In which I stated it makes no diff because this river is all hatchery. Nothing wild about it. Wild fish have perished a long time ago, and this goes to any river with a damn hatchery. But I guess that is too much to understand for some.

My point from my original post was, these bright leaders in these fish department are finally seeing that to get returns more fish need to be released. But some want to argue wild fish on this AR and the impact hatchery fish have on them! Hahaha! What a joke!
    Aron-

As for damn yes I know they are needed! Does not take a genius to see that.
    Aron-

You are wrong on the wild population! The American has produced more natural spawning salmon out of all the valley rivers the last 15 years.