An old high school buddy and I headed up to the Trinity on Tuesday and Wednesday. We got pretty lucky as far as weather by not bailing on the trip. The flows were good and the river was in good shape. Needless to say, we caught it on the drop with just about 0 other fishermen out. It was a tad cold, but not as bad as was forecast, mornings were around 28 degrees, afternoon about 38. We caught snow each night and had snow flurries during the day.

We seemed to be between a push of fish, some that had been in there pushed upstream with the rain, and hopefully another run was on the way. We got into fish each day, not great numbers or huge fish, but reasonable numbers with a couple of decent fish each day. Mostly wild fish as well. Some were pretty bright fish, some had been in the system longer. We did a couple of lower floats down towards Junction City. First day we worked the Upper section pretty hard, second day the lower section, with about the same results.

The weather gave me a chance to break out my Olympic Peninsula gear right here at home. Sadly, we heard that the Cafe' on Main, a really good restaurant in town ( the old La Grange Cafe') is shutting down for good today. We were able to get a meal in there on Tuesday evening, and it was good.

It was nice to get out! Happy New Year's!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	17609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	17610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	17611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1724.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	17612