Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 ea J .Kennedy Fisher fly rod blanks

Hi Randy

Nice to see you on the Forum.

I guess us old timers are still romantic about the fiberglass fly rods we grew up using.

Joe Fisher was able to build new fly rods from graphite that still felt like fiberglass.

Randy is a veteran fly fishing guide, fly fishing educator, fly developer and rod builder.

He spent his life in the Truckee river area chasing trout and on the North Coast of California chasing Steelhead.

Many years ago he developed a streamer fishing system with a full sinking line and his "Snarktail streamer".

Randy developed his own unique methods for catching fish.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I bought one of Randy’s fiberglass rods built from a fisher blank, a 8’2 5 weight. Its become one of my favorite rods, love it for throwing dries but also streamers, poppers for bass etc. I like fishing it with an an old pflueger medalist with a clear intermediate line and its been a hoot on stillwaters.

Default Fisher made rods for many other company's all over the World

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    I believe Fisher rods originated in Southern Cal, then moved to Cason City, NV.

They made rods and blanks for Winston, Scott, 3M/Scientific Angler and Cortland.....possible more.

They also made "Shop Rods" for us fly shops. We had them make us an 8' #2/3 in 2 pc. Sweet rod.

The 8'6" #7 line in 2 pc in fiberglass was a wonderful size fly rod for big trout, bass and lighter Steelhead.
    There a hundreds of company Shops & Professional Anglers around the globe.
    Fisher made rods & blanks for from Canada to Japan and every ware in between. USA being it's biggest market by far . The Mound House plant being the biggest . Many world records were taken on fishers rods over the decades .

Quote Originally Posted by costalsteel View Post
    We will be having to history about Fisher Fly Rods in the near future . The first is the salute to the Fisher / Winston Phenolic Resin Fly Rod 7 wt. Glass Rods. That we have use for over 40 years for Coastal Steelhead. Some of the greatest fiberglass ever made. These rod have stood the test of time in history highly sot after even today . Old School is Still alive and well on our California River .
    When will the history of Fisher happen and how can I be notified?