Thread: First Trip To Andros Island, Bahamas

Smile First Trip To Andros Island, Bahamas

I just booked my first trip to the Bahamas. Booked through Kiene's Fly Shop at half the price of most other lodges at $2600 for the week plus air. Called "Frankies Two Boys Inn" it is owned and run by the Neymour family.
    In doing some research I came across several YouTube videos of the area and the first one was hosted by David Neymour telling how he got started in the bonefish guide business. Take a look at "Fly Fishing for Bonefish in Andros Bahamas" on YouTube to get a taste of what's there.

My trip isn't scheduled until March but it's nice to see what's there and have something to look forward to, and the price is half what the other lodges are charging at around $5550/ wk.

Hopefully I'll have some good stories and pictures to share when I get back.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony you should have a blast, and you should get your bonefish itch scratched there. Muds of fish in the hundreds. When the tide drops down and the flats are dry look for schooled up fish in the creeks. Use a longer fluro leader and some heavy weighted eyes like CI specials and jig the fish schooled up. Have a 10 wt ready with a crab for a permit, and some wire on a fly for cuda. Sorry no GT's there, but plenty of conch! Stop at duty free and get some cuban cohibas. Good luck, Don.
    Don Memmer

Thanks Don.
    I jumped on this trip because of the cheap price. All my buddies are already booked elsewhere so I'm alone on this adventure. It'll be fun.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180