Thread: Eagle Lake

Default Eagle Lake

Hi,
    Thinking of giving Eagle Lake a shake. I don't recall ever fishing there but I have been past it quite a few times. Has anyone fished it lately? Whether you have or not, if you don’t mind sharing tips I would love to hear them. I have read a bit a out what to do but it kinda seems hit or miss? If you’d rather pm me that would be great too.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

Oct/Nov/Dec are the time to go other than the Spring time.

November is the most popular month.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

John- I was there for a couple of days at the end of last week. Catching was okay from 6:30 to 9:30 then stopped. HEAVY freezing fog until 11:30. If you have a boat you MUST have GPS - radar would be a bonus. Dress warmly. Water is pea green with very low visibility. You have to bump the fish on the nose - I'd suggest streamers (pattern doesn't seem to matter) simply because you can cover more water. Trollers did MUCH better than the fly guys, probably because they were able to bump a lot more fish on the nose. If you are only going to make one trip this year, wait a few weeks. if history is any guide the fishing will (hopefully) get better than it is right now.
    Last edited by Ralph; 11-15-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks!
    I was thinking of bringing up the skiff but that lake iirc has a bunch of wierd bedrock or tufa or other stuff for me to run into. MAybe I will wait at Eagle and go elsewhere and try to worry up a steelhead.

For your first run at Eagle, it might be smart to wait until it opens next year so that you can reconnoiter when the algae isn't so thick and blindly grounding on a rock is less likely. Meanwhile, ask Santa for a Navionics card (but remember that the lake is many feet lower than when the chip was made). Maybe see you at Webber next year.

Fingeres crossed for a big winter!!