Thread: Float tubing Pyramid Tips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Float tubing Pyramid Tips?

Can any of you wonderful seasoned anglers provide a few pointers float tubing Pyramid? I'm planning on getting out there soon and was thinking it'd be fun to float it if the wind permits. I'm thinking the same let up for ladder fishing just in a tube.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

What questions do u have? Having a fish finder helps quite bit looking for drop offs and depth.

Ive never tubed pyramid so cant offer insight unfortunately. To be honest ive been very intimidated to do so, as even on calm days it seems if the wind picks up suddenly in the wrong direction you could be in trouble. Im curious to hear other folks chime in; My buddy and I are going for a few days next week. Last year i went mid nov and it was awesome fishing both size and numbers, fishing the Beaches with steep drop offs, but from reading reports it sounds like this time of year most success is being had from tubes. So I am wondering if my experience last year from shore was an anomaly? The water was pleasantly warm to wade in compared to my other trips dec-march.

This year is def diff. I pretty much tube pyramid all year long. Just gotta look at weather forecasts and don’t go if looks sketchy. Went last week and fished 3 days. Slow pick with the best day I landed 6 and lost 3/4 others. Can’t complain though as most fish were nice size 6-10 lbs with my biggest at 16.5. Previous year we were getting double digit numbers this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyasdad View Post
    What questions do u have? Having a fish finder helps quite bit looking for drop offs and depth.
    Thankfully I do have access to a depth finder. What type of line works best out of a float tube? I figured I'd be just fine with my outbound short I use on the shore.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mattv-mcfly View Post
    Thankfully I do have access to a depth finder. What type of line works best out of a float tube? I figured I'd be just fine with my outbound short I use on the shore.

Most of the time I use. A 300-350 grain or full sink type 5.