Thread: Close encounter on the AR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Close encounter on the AR

Headed over to the watt Ave access to swing for a bit after dropping my kids off at school this morning. I'm always on high alert these days after having my car broken into recently at Sarah Court, so I parked where I could see my car while I fished the riffle about 100 yards upstream of the bridge. The first thing I noticed was this russian guy walking up and down the access road where my car was parked, over and over. I didn't think anything of it until russian guy #2 decides to stand right next to my car while watching me fish. I started to feel uncomfortable with that so I got out of the water, picked up a rock and started to make my way towards my car. At this point he starts trying to make small talk with me about what im fishing for etc. Not wanting a physical confrontation if it could be avoided, I humor him until he finally leaves. I probably should have left at this point too, but my fishing time is limited these days so I headed back down to the water. Like 10 mins later i notice a car pull up and park right next to mine, but it's turned so that it's facing the exit, presumably for a quick getaway. I exit the water yet again and get close enough to snap a pic of the license plate. After that he drives off and I decide to call it a day. I pack my stuff up and when I finally go to leave I notice the first russian guy still walking up and down the parking lot. I decide to pull up on him and snap a picture. As soon as I do that he gets on his phone and starts texting, doesn't say a word. I head towards the exit, and just as I'm pulling out of the parking lot the car that I noticed parked next to mine earlier pulls back in, and the driver is staring at me hard. Unfortunately the picture I took of the guy walking in the parking lot didn't come out, but I did get a pic of the car and it's license plate. Just a reminder to be careful out there. Probably best to fish with a friend as well. It's too bad we have to deal with this BS. Really takes away from the experience.

On a side note, when i had my car broken into at Sarah Court there was a tweaker looking russian guy trying to make small talk with me while I was gearing up in the parking lot as well. Nothing against Russians, just trying to be descriptive. I remember getting the feeling that he was trying to get a look inside my car to see if there was anything worth taking. Against my better judgment I went and fished anyways and got a broken window as a result. The guys today did not look like tweakers tho, and they were working as a team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211104_102416.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	17525