Thread: Lake Davis

Default Lake Davis

I had plans to get out to Lake Davis for awhile and then the bomb cyclone hit to push things back even further than planned. Soooo, finally I went yesterday. The drive was easy with a lot of snow on the side of the road and tops of the highest peaks.

Once I arrived to the lake I could see the north end of the lake scorched all the way down to the water. Fortunately it looks like the lake escaped the same fate of Frenchman Lake. If you have a boat the only choice to launch is Honker Cove without a dock. The lake level is close to half of full.

I was thrown off by the fact some of my usual places were almost bone dry. I ended up fishing areas I never tried before. I actually liked the challenge of a new lake I ended up with only three to hand. I will say they were of all good size. My first bass ever at the lake was close to 5lbs. I didn't spend all day fishing as I felt like like I hit my goal for numbers and I was hungry!!! I won't be coming back this year as I have plans for Pyramid and local waters for the rest of the year. I want to come back in May/June next year to see if the lake has come back with its damselfly hatch with trout numbers. https://billquinnphotography.smugmug.com/Davis-Lake-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    I had plans to get out to Lake Davis for awhile and then the bomb cyclone hit to push things back even further than planned. Soooo, finally I went yesterday. The drive was easy with a lot of snow on the side of the road and tops of the highest peaks.

Once I arrived to the lake I could see the north end of the lake scorched all the way down to the water. Fortunately it looks like the lake escaped the same fate of Frenchman Lake. If you have a boat the only choice to launch is Honker Cove without a dock. The lake level is close to half of full.

I was thrown off by the fact some of my usual places were almost bone dry. I ended up fishing areas I never tried before. I actually liked the challenge of a new lake I ended up with only three to hand. I will say they were of all good size. My first bass ever at the lake was close to 5lbs. I didn't spend all day fishing as I felt like like I hit my goal for numbers and I was hungry!!! I won't be coming back this year as I have plans for Pyramid and local waters for the rest of the year. I want to come back in May/June next year to see if the lake has come back with its damselfly hatch with trout numbers. https://billquinnphotography.smugmug.com/Davis-Lake-1/

Good report Bill !!!

Glad you got out and "punched some doggies".

Me, I've been wrestling with my jeep repairs AGAIN..................................

Hopefully, I'll get them sorted out soon and be able to play out of town again.

Thanks for a Stillwater report,

Bob

I’m hoping your car problems will take care of themselves soon so we can meet up at Pyramid, Bob.I’m shooting for mid November when the lake temperatures come down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    I’m hoping your car problems will take care of themselves soon so we can meet up at Pyramid, Bob.I’m shooting for mid November when the lake temperatures come down a bit.

This ............ sounds like "somewhat" of a Pyramid report/recommendation ????

On the way to Pick-and-pull tomorrow.

Bob