Thread: Simms wadiing boots advice

Default Simms wadiing boots advice

Hi,

I've worn through my previous model of Simms G3 Guide boots (the brown ones with leather) with rubber soles and a combination of studs and Simms star cleats. I loved the uppers and the midsoles. I've walked miles and miles along the Upper Sac and Truckee railroad tracks in total comfort. The uppers have taken four years of abuse with only some restitching and some regluing of the rubber toe cap.

I hated having to carry extra star cleats and screws and a screwdriver to continually tighten the screws or replace cleats that had fallen out. Aquaseal didn't keep the screws in the soles for me.

I'm looking for advice between the current Simms G4 and G3 models. I'm wondering if the threaded inserts in the soles of the G4 keep the star cleats in the boot or if (my guess) the inserts eventually fall out of the sole. I'm also wondering if there is a comfort or performance difference between the G3 and G4 models.

All advice welcome. Thanks.
    Greg

I use the Simms Hardbite Studs and haven't had any problem with them coming loose or falling out.

Orvis PosiGrip studs. Have them on the same boots and my new G4’s.

Terry,

Do you ignore the threaded inserts in the G4?

What are the pluses/minuses between your old G3s and your G4s? Any experience with the new G3s?
    Greg

I use them with felt bottoms. The G-4’s are much easier to get into and out of. I bought longer shoe laces because the stock laces are too short.

So...Thanks for this interesting information! - Custom software development https://mlsdev.com/services/ui-ux-design is a type of web application development which provides low cost and high quality solutions. These solutions include custom web application development, custom software solutions for mobile and enterprise apps. There are many companies that offer custom development solutions. Some of these companies focus on the emerging markets such as Android and IOS apps and integrate with social media, enterprise systems and web standards. A number of dedicated teams provide software solutions to large organizations.
    Last edited by kevins; 05-23-2022 at 05:36 AM.

When Terry Thomas talks, I always listen! Several years ago Terry recommended the Orvis PosiGrip Studs to me and they have been great. Best, Bob

Thanks Terry.

I'll drop by Kiene's this week and try the G4s out.
    Greg